Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

Aye mate about the same time. At my lasses over Ryhope which is a fanny on when my dad's house is a 60 second walk :lol:

Hit me up on here in the morning mate and I'll let you know for sure like what time I'll be in.

Aye mate about the same time. At my lasses over Ryhope which is a fanny on when my dad's house is a 60 second walk :lol:

Gonna be there about 9am or just before mate

I'm in Sunderland tomorrow, what time is everyone training? I'll be going after 4 if anywhere is open.

Cleveland Rd will be normal hours today mate. £2 in.

Hit me up on here in the morning mate and I'll let you know for sure like what time I'll be in.

Edit: just remembered it's Saturday!!! Will only be open til 1pm.

Last edited:

No bother mate I'll be there just after, half past at the latest

Managed a tough 190kg x 10. Absolutely fucked from Christmas to start with but having to slowly lower the bar cut a few reps off what I could likely get (based on my 180kg x 14 and speed off the first few reps with 190kg). Did 4 working sets of squats after that going up to 160kg for 6 (I was already knackered at that point) then some back. Any rumours of me doing curls are complete lies and should not be listened to.

Nice to meet another D&E poster anarl

Managed a tough 190kg x 10. Absolutely fucked from Christmas to start with but having to slowly lower the bar cut a few reps off what I could likely get (based on my 180kg x 14 and speed off the first few reps with 190kg). Did 4 working sets of squats after that going up to 160kg for 6 (I was already knackered at that point) then some back. Any rumours of me doing curls are complete lies and should not be listened to.

Nice to meet another D&E poster anarl

Mate, I dread to think how bad my next session is going to be.

Literally no gyms reasonably near where I am at the moment so I've had to improvise by doing things like filling a wheelbarrow full of breezeblocks and bricks, standing on blocks to increase the range of motion and thereby creating a sort of deadlift machine.

Canny for really forcing a big hip extension though, as the handle narrows I can't stand that close to the pivot so have to really force the hips forward to lock out.

Also good old press ups, swing an axe at some tree stumps etc' etc'.

I shouldn't have lost too much strength but I think I'll take a ramp up week when I get properly back into it.
Edit: does @The Spezial One have an Australian accent or not then?

Mate, I dread to think how bad my next session is going to be.

Literally no gyms reasonably near where I am at the moment so I've had to improvise by doing things like filling a wheelbarrow full of breezeblocks and bricks, standing on blocks to increase the range of motion and thereby creating a sort of deadlift machine.

Canny for really forcing a big hip extension though, as the handle narrows I can't stand that close to the pivot so have to really force the hips forward to lock out.

Also good old press ups, swing an axe at some tree stumps etc' etc'.

I shouldn't have lost too much strength but I think I'll take a ramp up week when I get properly back into it.
Edit: does @The Spezial One have an Australian accent or not then?

Nah mate that is long gone, like 16 years gone now!!

Basically it was jaw day today as we talked about powerlifting and boxing for an hour! I can concur though that he made the set of 10 look a piece of piss!

Back