Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Mixed grip makes a hell of a difference, I actually tried both overhand for the first time last session and struggled on my penultimate set and reverted back to mix!

Another struggle on OHP :cry: but another PR on my DL 5x132.5kg ;)

I haven't tracked my macros for a couple of weeks and I've definitely relaxed my 'clean' eating, after nearly a year of tracking I've got a good knowledge of what my intake is anyway, is it a coincidence that I'm eating a bit more (shit) and feeling stronger?
(Apart from me OHP like!)

Also, done no cardio for a month!

No coincidence, that's how it works :lol:

Guzzle food, lift weights, rest, get stronger.

Mixed grip makes a hell of a difference, I actually tried both overhand for the first time last session and struggled on my penultimate set and reverted back to mix!

Another struggle on OHP :cry: but another PR on my DL 5x132.5kg ;)

I haven't tracked my macros for a couple of weeks and I've definitely relaxed my 'clean' eating, after nearly a year of tracking I've got a good knowledge of what my intake is anyway, is it a coincidence that I'm eating a bit more (shit) and feeling stronger?
(Apart from me OHP like!)

Also, done no cardio for a month!
That's the same DL PB as me. I failed at 135kg again today, one rep wonder this time, which is better than 0 last time.

Baby is sleeping but the cats had me up from about 4am so I thought I'd have a bad session but other than my DL fail it was ok. 95kg squat 5x5, OHP 43.5 5/5/5/4/5 (I'll defo get 5x5 ) next time, and my DL fail.

Awesome. I bet it hurt :lol:

Probably :lol:

He's off all the gear now. Well, I seen a video title saying he is and a few others mention it, but last time I heard him mention it he was on around 125-150mg of test per week

Pulled my left hip benching yesterday. Today's squats are subsequently poor

Last edited by a moderator:
Felt a sharp pain through my left knee doing squats last night, as my leg went just below parallel, yet could still leg press on the machine ?? Anyone ?? Might have to replace squats with another exercise for a few weeks.......

Felt a sharp pain through my left knee doing squats last night, as my leg went just below parallel, yet could still leg press on the machine ?? Anyone ?? Might have to replace squats with another exercise for a few weeks.......

Try box squats for a bit if it doesn't feel right next session

Sometimes I just can't get me head round it?
After getting cocky following my DL PR I started today's session confident for my bench, following my last 2 sessions @75kg 5/5/5/5/4 (nd a half) then 5/5/5/5/4 (nd 3 quarters) properly struggled to get 5/5/4/3/3 :evil:
That's another deload :(
Fuckin hate pressing me like.

dislocated my shoulder last Sunday, went back today and I'm going to do loads of pull variations for a month or so.

including pulling on the old Johnson.

Sometimes I just can't get me head round it?
After getting cocky following my DL PR I started today's session confident for my bench, following my last 2 sessions @75kg 5/5/5/5/4 (nd a half) then 5/5/5/5/4 (nd 3 quarters) properly struggled to get 5/5/4/3/3 :evil:
That's another deload :(
Fuckin hate pressing me like.

If there's one thing that's usually the issue... it's eating.

It really does seem like the most important thing.

Forgot to mention it on tuesday, but bloke at the gym benched 100kgx40 (no assisted reps)

Back