Powerlifting/Strength Training Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date

250kg x 2 squat this morning. Worked up to an easy 152.5kg x 1 paused bench afterwards

Hoping for another 5kg increase in my volume squat day from last week but we'll see how I feel tonight. Some mild hamstring tendon pain from doing leg curls but that should go away once warmed up.

Slept awkward the other night and have pain in my anterior delt when horizontally adducting it (which has somewhat hindered benching the last couple of days). Hopefully it fucks off because I'm very close to a 170 paused bench.

Squats on the other hand are feeling class. After 250kg x 2 on Monday I did 'Olympic style' high-bar working up to a fast 200kg x 2 yesterday. I'm thinking about doing a meet this year where I squat Olympic style, no wraps, walked out etc.

Did deadlifts with the strongman tyres yesterday with fairly stiff legs to really target the hammies and fuck me did it work. Only went up to 210kg x 3 but they have been cramping non stop

Your pride will be taking a severe injury soon like.

What's become clear is that 5/3/1 was just a very bad programme for me, or I was unable to implement it well.
Well if doubt that very much young man, if 170 for 3 is what you're bragging about ;)

Haha I like the programme but I'm now doing the 531 in a Bulgarian daily bench and squat, I'm much happier with it like.

Well if doubt that very much young man, if 170 for 3 is what you're bragging about ;)

Haha I like the programme but I'm now doing the 531 in a Bulgarian daily bench and squat, I'm much happier with it like.

Assuming I'd done the other one I had in the tank that's a predicted 1rm of 195kg.

If I keep progressing at the rate I have been these last three weeks that will be 201kg next week etc' etc'.

Feels like newbie gains again!

Assuming I'd done the other one I had in the tank that's a predicted 1rm of 195kg.

If I keep progressing at the rate I have been these last three weeks that will be 201kg next week etc' etc'.

Feels like newbie gains again!
Good stuff, programming is incredibly important like, I'm haven't got any money to pay anyone to do it like, 531 is what I'd put young lads on in there teens but if you're a late comer to the sport it's just too slow imo.

Back