Polaizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this badly do with a polarizer to help stop the sky being washed out and the water being overly speculative?

I'm not sure a grad would work as it would effect (affect?) the trees too.

The tonal range captures both light and dark, so that's fine.

I've not done any processing on this image yet, but reducing highlight just causes horrible posterization effects.

Logon or register to see this image

Grads work against sticky up things, as I've explained before

Polarizers don't work for this Hebbs

I'm not doubting you mate, bust every magazine and blog post I've read says the opposite about polarisers :/
They turned a burnt out sky into a delightful cloudfest? Nah. They don't affect the overexposure of the sky much at all

They turned a burnt out sky into a delightful cloudfest? Nah. They don't affect the overexposure of the sky much at all
From memory I think they mention that a lot of the light coming from the sky is re-reflected light and that the filter cuts this out and thus reduces the exposure and increases the contrast.

From memory I think they mention that a lot of the light coming from the sky is re-reflected light and that the filter cuts this out and thus reduces the exposure and increases the contrast.
Just buy one and make your own mistakes then ;)

It'll come in slightly useful after you've bought your grads

I would of grad'd on a diagonal
You lot need an education ffs ;)

I might have poke around on my lens with a permanent marker or biro.. Because I'm a cheapskate :lol:

Aye I know, I've been back and forth or over a year now about grads and getting a kit.
Nowt will ever improve your (landscape) photography like some Lee hard grads and a warm up

He's always showing off about his eyes, or his arse or summat ffs

Of course the smart thing to do would be to shoot it in HDR, problem solved.
Then hoy it into instagram for a nice worn paper effect and maybe some freaking lasers.

That is what I do apart from the instagram bit, problem is canon consumer SLRs only go plus or minus 2 stops on the bracketing (at least the 550D only goes that far, not sure about the newer ones) and that isn't enough to fix that sky.

That is what I do apart from the instagram bit, problem is canon consumer SLRs only go plus or minus 2 stops on the bracketing (at least the 550D only goes that far, not sure about the newer ones) and that isn't enough to fix that sky.
I have mixed results with HDR when taking pictures of nature. Things like leaves moving between exposures buggers it up and anti-ghosting never seems to work for me.
I use Magic Lantern which that lets you take up to 9 exposures and +/- 3 stops I think..

I have mixed results with HDR when taking pictures of nature. Things like leaves moving between exposures buggers it up and anti-ghosting never seems to work for me.
I use Magic Lantern which that lets you take up to 9 exposures and +/- 3 stops I think..
Liking anything that buggers up your HDR hebbs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back