PIetersen return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as I'd like to see KP back, realistically we need to build for the next world cup starting right after this one ends. That will mean the end for Bell, Anderson and Broad and no way back for KP.

It's good that KP's profile has been kept in the media to piss off Downton but hopefully England will move on without the old guard and start blooding the new.

As much as I'd like to see KP back, realistically we need to build for the next world cup starting right after this one ends. That will mean the end for Bell, Anderson and Broad and no way back for KP.

It's good that KP's profile has been kept in the media to piss off Downton but hopefully England will move on without the old guard and start blooding the new.

Can't wait for 2019 with Woakes and Finn opening the bowling every game. I say, play your best team. KP is only 32. Sangakkara is 37, Mizbah is 40 ffs.

Would be hilarious. Broad Anderson downtown et al trooping out with their tails between their legs

Not especially a kp fan, but it would be amusing

Give Gillespie the England job to annoy the yorkies

Returning in what sense?

If they open the door, fair play. But as Graves said on R5 this morning (and as I have bored you all with), he needs to play some proper cricket
He tweeted that he'd have decisions to make

He is England's best player in any and all formats and he should be playing. I'm sure the atmosphere in the dressing room is fantastic at the moment and they are all the very best of chums, but they are shit and can't buy a win. Talent wins games in top level sport, not friendliness.

Last time I checked the last time he played we got beat 5 0

He is England's best player in any and all formats and he should be playing. I'm sure the atmosphere in the dressing room is fantastic at the moment and they are all the very best of chums, but they are shit and can't buy a win. Talent wins games in top level sport, not friendliness.
I think you are confusing "is" with "was"

I agree in principle, this dressing room bollocks is annoying. But he has done nowt for over a year

Can't wait for 2019 with Woakes and Finn opening the bowling every game. I say, play your best team. KP is only 32. Sangakkara is 37, Mizbah is 40 ffs.

So because those two are playing at this age then that means that KP can?

If that was the case every international cricketer would play beyond 35. Sanga & Misbah have been in form in the last 12 months. KP has struggled.

I reckon the chairman simply misspoke. If he'd said 'how can KP expect to be picked when he doesn't play County Cricket' it would have been fine.

But, remember he's only the chairman and essentially deals with strategy, Downton is the Ch.Exec who is the operational boss and he's said no way. If the chairman overrules the Ch. Execit would be a big slap in the face.

My view is that the ECB realised they scored a huge own goal with the KP sacking that they needed to repair some of the damage with a throwaway soundbite.

Trouble is if Clarke or Downton had said it that would have made things worse with huge loss of face, so they waited till Graves came in and told him to feed the media.

He is 35 this year. He should never have been sacked but I don't see how he can possibly come back in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back