Pakistan A v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not hoy in a bit of format-snobbery for good measure.

Of course, it was BS's form in white ball cricket (BBL) and two 'farcical' warm ups against St Kitts that got him a recall to the test team in WI.

It isn't snobbery. I class a proper tour being one where you play all formats and spend in excess of a month in a country, just like the three tests in the WI in March/April didn't IMO constitute a Tour.

It isn't snobbery. I class a proper tour being one where you play all formats and spend in excess of a month in a country, just like the three tests in the WI in March/April didn't IMO constitute a Tour.

Sports media call it a tour.2 warm ups and 7 ODIs - hardly trivial.

Take it you have no answer to my second point...? :p

Why not hoy in a bit of format-snobbery for good measure.

Of course, it was BS's form in white ball cricket (BBL) and two 'farcical' warm ups against St Kitts that got him a recall to the test team in WI.

Is that gospel? Did Moores cite that as the exact reason for Stokes' recall? Or was it just that Ben Stokes is the most exciting young prospect in English cricket and needed to be involved?

Does that answer your second point?

A true all rounder is meant to get in the side based on his skill at either discipline. Taylor (and a few others) is a better bat than Stokes and Wood/ Finn is a better fourth seamer.

Saying that I think someone who's 7/10 at both (being perhaps generous on the batting here) and a mint fielder should get the nod. He's worth investing the time with as he has the potential to turn into a gun bowler IMO.

Is that gospel? Did Moores cite that as the exact reason for Stokes' recall? Or was it just that Ben Stokes is the most exciting young prospect in English cricket and needed to be involved?

Does that answer your second point?

Yes, I am sure his form in the BBL while we were an utter fiasco in the World Cup, had nothing to do with his recall.

Nor the two practice games against St Kitts where he took wickets and made runs.

Just reading the ECB page on Facebook and the first five comments - from non Durham fans - advocate dropping Stokes as the least effective all rounder for the conditions. Take your blue and yellow gleggs off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back