Overrated classic films from youth

First one that came to mind was Warriors

My old school mates would crucify me for saying so but what a heap of shoite
Watched this last week with my almost 18yr old daughter. She liked it more than I did. Although I recall enjoying it in my youth, It's pretty shite in all honesty.
I've watched a few films from back in the day with her and most disappoint these days unfortunately.
Lost boys we both enjoyed though I must say.

Apocalypse Now
Starts off canny but then when it goes into the jungle with Brando and that it's a right load of shite.
First one that came to mind was Warriors

My old school mates would crucify me for saying so but what a heap of shoite
It's the cheesy synth music that spoils the Warriors..it was probably state of the arts at the time but it's naff as ferk now.

Last edited:
Nivver see the attraction in it mesel. Thought it shite when I watched it while at school and again during lockdown. Emperors New Clothes stuff….up there with Trout Mask Replica and Astral Weeks in the posers pretentiousness league table.

Nivver seen it or Doc Zhivago either.
I can see your point.
Those albums are favourites of the wannabe cultured to be fair.

I think Astral Weeks is a great album while acknowledging Van Morrison is a knob.

Captain Beefheart…though is pure shit!

The warriors, it is absolutely shite
Wrong
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Wrong
I’ll see your citizen Kane and raise you an even slower Lawrence of Arabia 😂
🤦🏻‍♀️
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Donnie Darko, but what a load of shite that is
A million times this
Jaws is a bit shit when you think about it..i mean they soon knew how big the shark was..all they had to do was go back ashore and get a couple of shotguns or something..go back out..boom..game over.
Brilliant film, saw it on re-release not long back on the big screen and it was even better
Apocalypse Now
What is wrong with you?

Last edited:
What is wrong with you?

It’s an over stylised film with little depth to the plot and little character development . It’s story more like an American western where the lawman goes to enact justice on the bad guy rather than a story about the Vietnam war. The gratuitous killing of the water buffalo did little to the plot either.
The film starts off good and has important references to the horrors of the conflict but then it just peters-out to an un exciting conclusion

Back