Out of options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMackem

Master Merger
Staff member
Well at least it is simple now, if by some miracle we were to stay up it can only be at the expense IMO of the 3 above us - that's Swansea gone...

What's brought this on?

Fulham and Cardiff both failed to win.

Villa got 1 point

Swansea won but we should be targeting Norwich and WBA.

We are still down but strange timing of thread.

Well at least it is simple now, if by some miracle we were to stay up it can only be at the expense IMO of the 3 above us - that's Swansea gone...
Always was the case for me.Said on another post I think if win our 3 home games we stay up.Trouble is I don't see us winning them.

3 from 5 still.

WBA could still massively regret the four points they've lost in injury time recently.
They only need a win, and have Hull in a couple of weeks. They'll win that one. IMO. We need to somehow hope Fulham fuck their two home games up. A point today would be canny but we still need to win the three home games.

What's brought this on?

Fulham and Cardiff both failed to win.

Villa got 1 point

Swansea won but we should be targeting Norwich and WBA.

We are still down but strange timing of thread.

I had hoped Swansea might still have been in the mix, their win marks the end of that and a narrowing of options, our chances of catching 3 particular teams haven't altered, but our chances overall have got a bit poorer - if any string unexpected wins - we're done.

I had hoped Swansea might still have been in the mix, their win marks the end of that and a narrowing of options, our chances of catching 3 particular teams haven't altered, but our chances overall have got a bit poorer - if any string unexpected wins - we're done.

Ah right.

I don't think them winning as a bad thing they were rank outsiders to go down. Also we still have to play them last game so if we can still stay up id rather play a team with nothing to play for.

If we manager to stay up Short will be shitting his pants and tells Poyet theres the cheque book sort this bloody mess out will you I can't afford to be in this situation next season.

the upside of the swansea win is that they shouldnt have anything to play for if we're by some small miracle still alive on the last day - remember how they wernt off the boil hgaving won the league cup and been safe in the league last season?

Ah right.

I don't think them winning as a bad thing they were rank outsiders to go down. Also we still have to play them last game so if we can still stay up id rather play a team with nothing to play for.
You could argue Swansea will have the pressure off them and will relax and play better football in the last game

They only need a win, and have Hull in a couple of weeks. They'll win that one. IMO. We need to somehow hope Fulham fuck their two home games up. A point today would be canny but we still need to win the three home games.

It's Fulham and Villa that have Hull, not West Brom. West Brom still have West Ham at home to play though.

You could argue Swansea will have the pressure off them and will relax and play better football in the last game

Yeah I know it depends on the mentality of their team really. Might give afew younger lads a chance

Ah right.

fair point about the last game, absolutely agree - though stupidly I think we've more chance of 3 points today than against them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back