Northern soul - living for the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Striker
anybody catch this last week ?
Just watching it now and didn't realise drugs played such a big part , so many similarities to the early days of the house music scene and the 2nd summer of love :cool:

I remember goin to the soul Nights upstairs in Pure and you still got couples much older turning up to do their moves, was great to see

My mate from the pit used to go to all nighters in the mid-late 80's. He used to hide his speed in the bottom of his snuff tube. The coppers searched him once, asked him what it was, and they had nee idea what it was. He asked them if they wanted a pinch, but they declined.

anybody catch this last week ?
Just watching it now and didn't realise drugs played such a big part , so many similarities to the early days of the house music scene and the 2nd summer of love :cool:

I remember goin to the soul Nights upstairs in Pure and you still got couples much older turning up to do their moves, was great to see
I used to go in the 70's . Massive speed scene , I would say 80% were at it ,100% of them I knew. Chemists getting knocked over left right and centre in nicked cortinas .
Massive resurgence in the scene recently apparently . A film about it came out last week , slated by those that were 'proper ' on the scene for being too tame . I haven't seen it , probably won't
Good times were had but there was a good deal of dodgy stuff, rip offs and moss side rollers about

I used to go in the 70's . Massive speed scene , I would say 80% were at it ,100% of them I knew. Chemists getting knocked over left right and centre in nicked cortinas .
Massive resurgence in the scene recently apparently . A film about it came out last week , slated by those that were 'proper ' on the scene for being too tame . I haven't seen it , probably won't
Good times were had but there was a good deal of dodgy stuff, rip offs and moss side rollers about

Never quite got all the old punks becoming 'mods' and everyone had always loved Northern Soul. Really, they just liked the Chi-lites and The Commodores in secret.

I am a sad man and just got back from work in London so tidying up some work stuff. Youtubby is blocked so can't see your stuff. Just tell us, you've usually impeccable taste in music.
It's tracks by the commodores and the chi lites both played at all nighters . They're not brilliant in my book but " the zoo" was a massively popular sound.
That was the thing with northern we liked sounds not artists

It's tracks by the commodores and the chi lites both played at all nighters . They're not brilliant in my book but " the zoo" was a massively popular sound.
That was the thing with northern we liked sounds not artists
I was so uncool. I went to an all-nighter and was bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back