NHS Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Tyneside hasn't been clinically viable for years.

What is Richard Barker up to? He's a canny lad

Yes, that would be the plan. Dissolve the Durham and Darlingon Trust. Merge Darlo with Teesside to create a Tees Valley acute Trust. Merge Durham with Sunderland and South Tyne.

Darlo wouldn't close, but would lose funds over time into the James Cook black hole

RB is regional director for NHS North.

Definitely no plans to merge Durham in with Sunderland, it's been kicked into touch on several occasions in the last few years.

RB is regional director for NHS North.

Definitely no plans to merge Durham in with Sunderland, it's been kicked into touch on several occasions in the last few years.

Where does that leave durham in your opinion. Are they strong enough to go alone without darlington or are things likely to stay as they are now?

Where does that leave durham in your opinion. Are they strong enough to go alone without darlington or are things likely to stay as they are now?

They're in a mess financially, so who knows. I could see Darlo in with Tees, but I've never heard it mentioned in any of the meetings I attend.

Reactions: Gaz
Great idea but it would cost more to chase someone for the payment.
I would say, no appointments. Turn up and you will be seen. How many would hang about if you had to wait an hr or more.

And as a type 1 you should be on free scripts?
But if you are still working imo you should be paying for all other stuff not related to your type 1. I might be wrong on the free scripts bit though.
I wouldn`t argue with that.

Fine non attenders
Charge a fee to see a Dr (no pay no see) saves chasing them
Tell pharmaceutical companies they won't pay silly money

They're in a mess financially, so who knows. I could see Darlo in with Tees, but I've never heard it mentioned in any of the meetings I attend.

There is a plan, devised by the "south" chief execs (south tees, north tees and hartlepool, CDDFT) to create a single Tees trust. There are papers drawn up for it.

Durham by itself isn't viable, and the options would be a merger with Sunderland and South Tyneside, or a non-geographical deal with Newcastle. Sunderland by far the most likely

It's not the NHS that has to change, it's the patients. Missing appointments like its a waste of time going and 'popping' into A&E with fuck all to skip a GPs queue.

It couldn't be done because of human rights laws but anyone going A&E with a headache or sore throat should be sent home. I worked A&E reception at the eye infirmary many years ago and the amount of people who came in for treatment with conjunctivitis was a joke. They'd be other people with a detached retina and they'd moan when they were seen to first.

Then there's fat people. Stop abusing your body, eat healthier and do a little bit exercise once in a while you lazy bastards.
this

but its the general attitude of 'its the governments fault' that plagues the debate on these issues, same as lots of other things.personal responsibility is way down the list these days.

The use A&E is a perfect case in point, although if we had a proper seven day service then maybe that would be less of a problem.

The problem with any debate is its always politicised and because of that nothing ever gets done properly

There is a plan, devised by the "south" chief execs (south tees, north tees and hartlepool, CDDFT) to create a single Tees trust. There are papers drawn up for it.

Durham by itself isn't viable, and the options would be a merger with Sunderland and South Tyneside, or a non-geographical deal with Newcastle. Sunderland by far the most likely

I agree, if all that ever happens, there is some logic to it. However, as it stands, Durham aren't in any equation re merger with Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back