Next Sunderland manager?

What evidence or information do you have that we are pissing about and not being proactive ?
Have we appointed anyone? I've also the evidence of every other appointment and various transfer chases or not.
Look at the crap he got from the press when he was linked to us the first time. Plus he won’t be able to sign anything due to the clause in his contract not being active yet.

My gut feeling is they’ve probably verbally agreed with him/his agent we’ll activate the release clause on X date and at that point we’ll offer him contract with Y wages.
Again, I believe people, like the first time he was linked are setting themselves up for disappointment. Managers have always been able to agree deals before their contract ends. Remember Bobby Robson leaving England and it being common knowledge where he was going. There have been no real links. We've had time to identify and get someone signed up. I'm going of experience with this lot and stating were in for bad news the longer it goes on.

Last edited:

Have we appointed anyone? I've also the evidence of every other appointment and various transfer chases or not.

Again, I believe people, like the first time he was linked are setting themselves up for disappointment. Managers have always been able to agree deals before their contract ends. Remember Bobby Robson leaving England and it being common knowledge where he was going. There have been no real links. We've had time to identify and get someone signed up. I'm going of experience with this lot and stating were in for bad news the longer it goes on.
Still’s contract isn’t ending though it’s a big difference. We wouldn’t be getting him for free it would just be a nominal fee compared to December.

You can’t agree a contract/sign any contract before his release clause is active, if we did Reims would likely demand the 6-8 million fee he currently costs.

Still’s contract isn’t ending though it’s a big difference. We wouldn’t be getting him for free it would just be a nominal fee compared to December.

You can’t agree a contract/sign any contract before his release clause is active, if we did Reims would likely demand the 6-8 million fee he currently costs.
If, as it was not getting him last time, down to money that shows nothings changed. Don't expect any compensation, let alone reduced amount.

The club says they will appoint someone after the end of the season. That’s the plan, you may not agree with it but there has been a clear statement by them so any assessment of the plan’s effectiveness will need to wait. The club have also told supporter organisations that they are progressing their replacement Head Coach plan.

The club says they will appoint someone after the end of the season. That’s the plan, you may not agree with it but there has been a clear statement by them so any assessment of the plan’s effectiveness will need to wait. The club have also told supporter organisations that they are progressing their replacement Head Coach plan.
Thanks Kristjan

Naismith from Hearts.
Young manager, so fits the model.
Maybe he could bring Shankland.
( this is just speculation from my jock mate)

After st renewals. Convenient. Anyone thinking a top coach will work with current set up is sadly wrong.

By the club you mean Speakman really - well hoo ha for him - if he hadn't made such a feckin pigs arse of it in the first place there'd be no feckin need of a clear statement would there.

No point even speculating at the minute. Season isn't over and we aren't appointing until the summer. There will be a few sackings and appointments to come yet.

Whoever it is will be unemployed , cheap , happy to have no backroom staff of his choice UNLESS KLD invests some Clarke transfer money into Will Still etc but I can't see it.
Our season was over 2 months ago when the owners downed tools.

Back