Newcastle City Hall (Balcony seating)

When the Bunnymen played the City Hall in 1983, Ian McCulloch pointed to a seat in the side of the balcony that he saw David Bowie from in 1978 - if he was there the same night as me then I was 2 or 3 seats away from him
Always got a decent view from the balcony

He pointed to the seat and said the same thing last week 😁

First three groups I saw live, The Stranglers, Echo & The Bunnymen, and U2, in 1983 at the City Hall. Tickets about four quid each.

When the Bunnymen played the City Hall in 1983, Ian McCulloch pointed to a seat in the side of the balcony that he saw David Bowie from in 1978 - if he was there the same night as me then I was 2 or 3 seats away from him
Always got a decent view from the balcony
The view is usually ok but the amount of people wandering about up and down to the bog bar and god knows where was ridiculous
Me and wife must of been the only people not to have gotten up during the show

Anyone know what the view from the lower balcony is like? Taking the missus to see Gary Numan in May and got tickets there. But that whole section is marked restricted view. They later opened the upper balcony, but that doesn't have the restricted bit. Would think the lower bit would be a better view?

Last edited:
Last time i was in the balcony was Queensrÿche/Lynch Mob in 1990, sat middle-ish towards the back. Great sound and view.

We drew 1-1 with Manchester City the day after, Queensrÿche were more entertaining tbf.

Anyone know what the view from the lower balcony is like? Taking the missus to see Gary Numan in May and got tickets there. But that whole section is marked restricted view. They later opened the upper balcony, but that doesn't have the restricted bit. Would think the lower bit would be a better view?
Can't believe they not put seats in for this gig
Sure there's a website where you can put your seat and row number in and gives you a virtual view. I got couple front row balcony seats when they released after the first wave

Back