New Music Releases Thread

The new Metallica album is class.
It's not exactly perfect but for me it's the best since the black album. I've listened to it several times already. If it's the last album they do, they've gone out with a hell of a bang.
Spit out the bone is their best song in years

Yeah mate definitely, love Spit Out The Bone. I think I like Death Magnetic better though, but may change my mind after a few more listens.....:)
I've listened to it about 8 times and it gets better for me each time. Some songs I could skip on dm but I enjoy listening to every song.

Spit out the bones riff is almost orgasmic.  :lol: I've heard nothing that good from them in years (I'm not saying Metallica are crap but that riff could belong in MoP).

Man & the Echo have an album out as of yesterday. Haven't had the chance to give it a listen yet however if it's anything like their song called Operation Margarine it'll be worth a listen.

Justice seems to be getting good reviews but I thought it was pretty average at best, nothing noteworthy about it all. Compare that to their first album when at least nine or ten of the tracks were very good.

A Tribe Called Quest is definitely a late contender for album of the year. So many features from big names and none of them are are a let down.

new Martha Wainwright Album, is a good one.

Only got round to listening to it over the weekend and, again, today. I reckon it's probably her best.

Elsewhere, not overly keen on Justice on first listen, got round to giving Loscil a go - quite spooky if you're walking in the dark along unfamiliar streets (as I was) and Thee Oh Sees newie is basically a mini-album of add ons etc. from A Weird Exits. Arguably better than A Weird Exits.

Back