Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dredd

Striker
Hello everyone
Yesterday at college we were told we needed at least 12 hours of work experience to pass the course, but if you already have a job that won't count, you'll have to find another job (Which is crazy, you pretty much have to juggle college and two jobs in the year) I myself have been applying for a couple of jobs the last couple of weeks and I was told that those jobs won't come count either as I applied for those before they told us about the work experience.

Are there any shops that actually hire students quite easily?

You will soon learn that one of life's biggest experiences is blagging.

Quite simply all you need to do is get a family member to sign you off for two x 6 hour shifts at their place of work.

Piece of piss.
Yeah I was thinking of doing that, just find it bang out of order alot of my mates now have to juggle two jobs, infact they might aswell say 'quit your current job' because it's going to be very hard for them.

Tell them to fuck off
We're kinda doing that next week anyway. I kinda feel bad going to some shop with a letter saying I need a job to pass my course and some guy has been looking for a job for months and I get it.
This is the same college who didn't hire anyone for the first few weeks for EEP (EEP is where we devlop our work skills etc) and the same college my mate applied for and it's now week 6 and he hasn't received a letter for his interview

Last edited:
What kind of job does it need to be?
They didn't say. They did encourage it be a IT related job, but living in Kings Lynn there's not much.
Like @kossoff said I could work in a charity shop but it kinda annoys me if whoever I applied for comes to me saying I got the job and I have to turn it down because the college want me to do a different job

There's loads of places looking for students around here, my young'un can pick and choose.
Would love to live up the north tbh, stuck in Norfolk, am thinking of moving up when I'm older.

Any in Norfolk you know of mate please?

Hello everyone
Yesterday at college we were told we needed at least 12 hours of work experience to pass the course, but if you already have a job that won't count, you'll have to find another job (Which is crazy, you pretty much have to juggle college and two jobs in the year) I myself have been applying for a couple of jobs the last couple of weeks and I was told that those jobs won't come count either as I applied for those before they told us about the work experience.

Are there any shops that actually hire students quite easily?

What sort of course is happy with only 12 hours work experience?
12 hours is nothing, what are you supposed to learn in 12 hours ffs?

What sort of course is happy with only 12 hours work experience?
12 hours is nothing, what are you supposed to learn in 12 hours ffs?
I'm doing Level 2 ICT.
It's 30 hours next year in Level 3.

I have no idea. Honestly there's so many things about this college I'd like to share if people are interested, it's a complete mess sometimes

I'm doing Level 2 ICT.
It's 30 hours next year in Level 3.

I have no idea. Honestly there's so many things about this college I'd like to share if people are interested, it's a complete mess sometimes

Tell us more ;)

Google for the doit volunteering website, you will easily find 12 hours IT related voluntary work.

Tell us more ;)

Google for the doit volunteering website, you will easily find 12 hours IT related voluntary work.
Well where to start.
1 As my parents earn less than 25k a year, I can get free dinners and last year I was told to go down and apply, I was told I'd be getting a letter in the post confirming I'd be getting them. No letter showed up, went to complain in December and they aid 2'Yeah we ran out of money we really should of told you'
3 The tutors would say if your ten minutes late you're not allowed in class (which is fine, people need to be on time) but people would walk in twenty minutes late and nothing was done :lol:
4 The college is really strict with doing drugs on the campus, which is fine imo, do whatever in your spare time but not on the campus. Student in my class was caught 3 times and didn't even get a warning.
5 They didn't hire anyone for our Spreadsheet lesson till the Thursday back
6 Didn't hire anyone for our work skills lesson till the 4th week back and even then last Monay he didn't even show up
7 My mate applied end of August (He was struggling to find a course he wanted to do) they said he'd get a letter for his interview, two weeks in he still hadn't got a letter, he contacted them and they said yeah you'll get a email in two weeks time for your interview. No email yet in week 6 :lol:
8 Last year English and Maths for the first 4 weeks was unbearable, no one had no idea where to go, so there were like 40 students cramped in one room, so English was cancelled until they found out where everyone was supposed to be
9 We had to take tests to see what English and Maths lesson we would be in, I did a Entry Level 3 test on Maths and passed that within 20 minutes, they told me I'd be put in Level 1 Functional skills Maths. I got there and was told to go to Entry level 3 Maths.
10 Finally they encourage us to wear our lanyards with our ID cards on them, they were saying how important it is, and you'll be checked everyday etc by the guards. Well heres the thing, if you just show the thing round your neck, you can be let in no problem, which means I could just walk on the site without having my ID card with me.

Some of it sounds like I'm nitpicking and I probably am, but some of it is a complete farce.

Well where to start.
1 As my parents earn less than 25k a year, I can get free dinners and last year I was told to go down and apply, I was told I'd be getting a letter in the post confirming I'd be getting them. No letter showed up, went to complain in December and they aid 2'Yeah we ran out of money we really should of told you'
3 The tutors would say if your ten minutes late you're not allowed in class (which is fine, people need to be on time) but people would walk in twenty minutes late and nothing was done :lol:
4 The college is really strict with doing drugs on the campus, which is fine imo, do whatever in your spare time but not on the campus. Student in my class was caught 3 times and didn't even get a warning.
6 Didn't hire anyone for our work skills lesson till the 4th week back and even then last Monay he didn't even show up
7 My mate applied end of August (He was struggling to find a course he wanted to do) they said he'd get a letter for his interview, two weeks in he still hadn't got a letter, he contacted them and they said yeah you'll get a email in two weeks time for your interview. No email yet in week 6 :lol:
8 Last year English and Maths for the first 4 weeks was unbearable, no one had no idea where to go, so there were like 40 students cramped in one room, so English was cancelled until they found out where everyone was supposed to be
9 We had to take tests to see what English and Maths lesson we would be in, I did a Entry Level 3 test on Maths and passed that within 20 minutes, they told me I'd be put in Level 1 Functional skills Maths. I got there and was told to go to Entry level 3 Maths.
10 Finally they encourage us to wear our lanyards with our ID cards on them, they were saying how important it is, and you'll be checked everyday etc by the guards. Well heres the thing, if you just show the thing round your neck, you can be let in no problem, which means I could just walk on the site without having my ID card with me.

Some of it sounds like I'm nitpicking and I probably am, but some of it is a complete farce.

Are you Shieldsblackcat?

Seriously mate - just make the work experience thing up. I went to City College Norwich for 4 years and basically lied through me teeth, plagiarised everything I could get me hands on in order to get through the course - they simply haven't got the resources or nouse to check up on you. At the end of the day they need you to pass your course otherwise they look like a shit college - do whatever makes your life as stress free as possible

Well where to start.

Welcome to the world of work , SNAFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back