My Favourite derby day moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardson free kick for me. Not only for the fact that it was a great goal, but also the first derby win I was there for.

1990 play off 2nd leg. I was only 10 and thought we'd literally pulled off a miracle. After the 1st leg I'd given us 0% chance of going through. I was just young and daft.

got a few

Vorn for three (brilliant goal, better celebration)
Johnson last minute
Borini Thunderbastard@sol/and Pen @landfill
Richardsons rocket
coback nearly bubbling
1990 pitch invaasion... coz they tried pathetically to get the game abondoned

I love a good celebratory roar captured on phone camera. Although not strictly my favourite Derby moment, love the noise and celebration of this one.

Has to be the 90th minute winner in December.

Before that it was Vaughan's goal to make it 0-3, right laugh when it went in

Last edited:
The 2-1 with cisse and richardson was awsome for me.......

Not only did I have a fiver on fgs Cisse and 2-1 but watched the game in a shittly pub in Preston of all places......... surrounded by loads of plastic old mags mouthing off whole way through. The abuse they give me when they scored was unreal but still i stood smug...........
until Richardson...... smash!
You dirty horrible plastic geordie bastards! Wern't so vocal when a topless anth straddled a table, top off, safc badge proudly on display and shouted fuckin get in, over n over again.

Class day that for me :)

The Cisse/Richardson 2-1 at the SOL.
I was up near the back by the corner flag when Cisse scaored. A load of our kids jumped on the pitch and began taunting the mags. A few mags went on after them and for somereason my eye was drawn to one of them in particular. He was big heavyset lad who was bouncing up and down on the pitch with his fists set at ready to rumble. He jumped backwards and forwards and side to side looking all around him for someone to ploat while checking no one sneaked up to stick one on him.
Then I swear a light bulb went on ower his head and he suddenly realised "WTF am I doing on here?" Then he legged it back towards the mags end and vaulted the advertising hoardings straight into a mag right hander from one of their lot who obviously thought he was one of ours.

If Carlsberg made football memories.

I love a good celebratory roar captured on phone camera. Although not strictly my favourite Derby moment, love the noise and celebration of this one.

I was slap bang in the middle of all that, remember one lad couldn't look and he was facing the crowd. He realised we'd scored by the wild celebrations.

I'd say the Johnson one,. The 3-0's we were the better team and deserved it, the 0-1 was a lot tighter and to nick it late on was marvellous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back