must be some sunderland news to beeak tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just reading Alex Ferguson's autobiography, the chapter 'Lean Times' between Summer 2003 and May 2006 on the basis that the book was a gift from two years ago and I'm determined to get through it. I thought it interesting when he said,

'We rushed down the path of buying proven players - who we thought would match our standards right away ... They were easy or obvious signings, a fact that worried me. I don't like easy signings. I like having to fight for a player on the grounds that a battle to extricate him means you're acquiring something valuable. I liked it when the selling club were desperate to hang onto their man.'

Perhaps we are being more cautious thus close season in looking fir players who will fit into the club, personality wise and for what they give the team. If not, we're going round and round in circles getting nowhere fast. I think Advocaat is wiser and perhaps more shrewd that our recent spate of untried managers. I just really hope we make a go of it this season and begin to build after years in the footballing wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back