Most underwhelming thank you for your contribution when a player leaves a club

That alumni# at the end is hilariously poor. I wanted to find more but have only found this one from Blackpool, which I imagine is very common style, this one doesn't even thank the player for his contributions in a Blackpool shirt:

Blackpool Football Club can announce Kenny Dougall has completed a permanent transfer to Thai Club Buriram United for an undisclosed fee.

The Club would like to thank Kenny for all of his efforts and wishes him well for the future.

Everton's feelings were made clear in their short 'player departs' statement, which was described as 'cruel' by newspapers.
It read: Anthony Gordon has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.
The 21-year-old forward leaves Everton after having submitted a formal transfer request.

I found a few more, nothing that entertaining but obviously these clubs have nothing good to say about a player but the basic facts, which tells a story anyway:

-SuttonUnited: Meanwhile we have said farewell to Dominic Gape, whose short term contract has expired and is not being extended. He made seven appearances since joining us in October, and leaves with our good wishes for the future.

-Wokingfc: Alfie Pavey has joined Braintree Town on loan until the end of the season.
The forward, 28, joined Woking this season and has featured ten times.
The Club wishes him all the best for his spell on loan.

In fairness to the 20+ clubs whose websites I looked at, their 'player departs' news articles were all respectful to the player, talking up their contributions and so on, these few that I've mentioned were the only ones that were short and lacking any further infomation.
Being a terrible person, I was fed up of the niceness and wanted to find loads of 'Underwhelming thankyou for your contribution' ones as per the OPs suggestion.
Hopefully there'll be lots in the next few days as the transfer window comes to an end..
Pritchard's 'Player Departs' will be very intersting ..so that's something to look forward to 😬

Charlton Athletic can confirm that Michael Appleton has left the club with immediate effect after being relieved of his role as Head Coach.

The club would like to thank Michael for his efforts during his time in charge.

That alumni# at the end is hilariously poor. I wanted to find more but have only found this one from Blackpool, which I imagine is very common style, this one doesn't even thank the player for his contributions in a Blackpool shirt:

Blackpool Football Club can announce Kenny Dougall has completed a permanent transfer to Thai Club Buriram United for an undisclosed fee.

The Club would like to thank Kenny for all of his efforts and wishes him well for the future.
They should have put “ya dirty bugger” in brackets after Kenny

What was it like for when colback left SAFC?

FCUK OFF PISS BISCUIT???

"Jack is a player we have nurtured and developed through our Academy system since he was eight years old. We gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer and are therefore extremely disappointed in the events that have led to his departure from the club.

“This was not about money, the club agreed to all of the terms demanded of us during the discussions, and we were always led to believe that Jack wanted to stay with us. At his and his representatives’ request, final talks were put on hold until the club secured its top flight status. To our dismay however, we were subsequently never given the chance to negotiate with him to stay.

“For him to then leave the club that has supported him throughout his formative years in such a manner, with no chance for Sunderland to recover any of the significant investment that it has made in him as a player, has left a bitter taste.”

Everton's feelings were made clear in their short 'player departs' statement, which was described as 'cruel' by newspapers.
It read: Anthony Gordon has joined Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.
The 21-year-old forward leaves Everton after having submitted a formal transfer request.

I found a few more, nothing that entertaining but obviously these clubs have nothing good to say about a player but the basic facts, which tells a story anyway:

-SuttonUnited: Meanwhile we have said farewell to Dominic Gape, whose short term contract has expired and is not being extended. He made seven appearances since joining us in October, and leaves with our good wishes for the future.

-Wokingfc: Alfie Pavey has joined Braintree Town on loan until the end of the season.
The forward, 28, joined Woking this season and has featured ten times.
The Club wishes him all the best for his spell on loan.

In fairness to the 20+ clubs whose websites I looked at, their 'player departs' news articles were all respectful to the player, talking up their contributions and so on, these few that I've mentioned were the only ones that were short and lacking any further infomation.
Being a terrible person, I was fed up of the niceness and wanted to find loads of 'Underwhelming thankyou for your contribution' ones as per the OPs suggestion.
Hopefully there'll be lots in the next few days as the transfer window comes to an end..
Pritchard's 'Player Departs' will be very intersting ..so that's something to look forward to 😬
Gordon’s departure just sums up everything about him and what an ideal character for the Saudis

Why should clubs kiss @rse when players leave, they’re all mercenaries at the end of the day and as has been pointed out frequently they’ll go where they can rake in the most cash, no sentiment involved at all.

The Chronicle did a 12 page special to counter it though.

And Look North's Dawnie said 'Sunderland have stepped aside and allowed the England international* to join his home town boyhood heroes Newcastle United, have I mentioned my dad played for the Toon?'

*He played once for the England national under-20 team in 2009, and was called up for the senior squad for the first time in August 2014.

Ross Barkley has completed a move from Everton to Chelsea.

The 24-year-old midfield player, an Academy graduate, was handed his first-team debut as a 17-year-old against Queens Park Rangers in August 2011, going on to make 179 appearances for the Blues and scoring 27 goals.

Barkley has not played for Everton this season after undergoing surgery on a hamstring injury.

Jack Rodwell finally left SAFC after milking it dry. Keep up the good work on your next club ,then your next club. They will soon come to value you as the footballer you pretend to be. 🙄

Jack Rodwell finally left SAFC after milking it dry. Keep up the good work on your next club ,then your next club. They will soon come to value you as the footballer you pretend to be. 🙄
Would have been great if we released a statement when he left along the lines of 'Sunderland AFC can confirm that Jack Rodwell has finally fucked off and stopped leeching of us.'

"Jack is a player we have nurtured and developed through our Academy system since he was eight years old. We gave him the opportunity to become a professional footballer and are therefore extremely disappointed in the events that have led to his departure from the club.

“This was not about money, the club agreed to all of the terms demanded of us during the discussions, and we were always led to believe that Jack wanted to stay with us. At his and his representatives’ request, final talks were put on hold until the club secured its top flight status. To our dismay however, we were subsequently never given the chance to negotiate with him to stay.

“For him to then leave the club that has supported him throughout his formative years in such a manner, with no chance for Sunderland to recover any of the significant investment that it has made in him as a player, has left a bitter taste.”
Thank you for typing all of that!

Back