Monty's Guests today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looked like he was going to become a cracking player Bobby Park until fate stepped in. Didn't a certain Robert Kerr also break his leg around that time?

I used to meet them for Sunday lunch in London at the orange tree every other weekend when I lived there in 94. Good craic the pair of them!

How did you end up being mates with them? She always seems spot on and Bean is one of my all time favourite actors. I loved Sharpe.

Thought it was the season before that when he broke it? It was a horrible pissing down day so the pitch was wet and slippery and the sliding tackles were going in from the off. The crowd was small too with the bad weather, under 10k.
Thanks, you are right memory playing tricks.
It was the season before and it was awful weather.

For us elders who is Roy Croppers?
Leicester fan!

How did you end up being mates with them? She always seems spot on and Bean is one of my all time favourite actors. I loved Sharpe.
I used to go to the Orange Tree on Totteridge Lane for Sunday lunch when I lived in Whetstone 20 odd years ago. Bean used to drink in there all the time and just got talking to them one day and the Sunderland connection kicked in with Melanie!

What you can't see in that photo is that she was wearing luminous multi coloured leggings. Peter Beardsley was also in the Monty Suite yesterday with (I presume) his family, and Ellis Short rocked up later on to present the MoM award.

Have that, fact fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back