Metal Gear Solid 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm so bad at this. How come I can't accept a new mission after you go back go the mother base when you get your dog? Or am I thick?

Wasn't going to get this as I haven't played an mgs game since the first one but the reviews have changed my mind. Popping to argos now to pick it up. Do I need to play ground zeroes first?

Wasn't going to get this as I haven't played an mgs game since the first one but the reviews have changed my mind. Popping to argos now to pick it up. Do I need to play ground zeroes first?

No you don't. It pretty much sums GZ up for you early on. If you have got GZ you can upload your save for some extras though!

just love this, just love it.

Some Insane Attention To Detail That You Might Have Missed

http://gearnuke.com/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-insane-attention-detail-might-missed/

• If you don’t take a shower and are covered in blood for days, enemies will be able to sense you through your bad smell and will try to investigate its source. In addition to the smell, you will be covered in flies, which can reveal your location.
  • If you don’t return to the Mother Base for days, Big Boss will be hooked to a Salient in the Helicopter.
  • Similarly, if you lose a lot of your Blood, you will be hooked to a Blood Bag in the Helicopter.
  • If you are hiding in an outhouse and have the iDroid speaker upgrade along with “Recorded on the Toilet” Cassette Tape, you can play it over the speaker while hiding in the outhouse to stop enemy soldiers from checking it out.
  • You can use the Cassette Tape of Paz humming on your iDroid speaker to calm down the wandering soldiers that you can find in Side Ops.
  • If you return to Mother Base after being dirty for days, Ocelot will throw a water bucket on your face.
  • Similarly, if you return unwashed and have Quiet in the Helicopter, she will stop Ocelot from throwing the water and will offer you to shower with her.
  • If you reload a full mag, you will still keep the one bullet in the chamber.
  • If you don’t shower, your crew will salute you while covering their noses.
  • If you stun or tranquilize an enemy near a water puddle, they will slowly drown to their death while making little bubbles in the water puddle.
  • If you use a Soldier’s sticker on your Cardboard box and then stand up, they will salute you.
  • Higher rank Soldiers will try to fight back if held up at gun point after a while.
  • If you keep using the same strategy to attack an enemy locale, the soldiers will adapt to your strategy e.g they will use gas masks if you use smoke grenades, night vision googles if you attack at night, or wear helmets if you prefer head-shots.
  • Showering will give the players an increased health and reflex mode. If you don’t shower for days, the health will be lower along with reflex mode.
  • Shooting the power lines while it is raining can electrocute soldiers.
  • If you stand under the “falling boxes” sign on Mother Base, you will get knocked out by a box and this can actually raise the Staff morale if they see it in action.
  • You can hold up the driver of a Jeep at gunpoint if you can sneak behind him with the D-Horse.
  • You can call up the Helicopter if you want to clear the smoke from a smoke grenade.
  • You can stick the C4 to any enemy soldier and then blow them all away when they get close together.
  • If you return to Mother Base while it is raining with Quiet, you can trigger a cutscene where she dances around in the rain with Big Boss.

Canny. cheers mate.

No bother, hope you enjoy it!

I wasn't too sure what was happening like
Am I big boss or this random I've created...
And how come the fella with bandages on his face was jack Bauer...then I get on a horse and suddenly I have jacks voice now..

I'll note that I'm currently half deaf due to ear wax like

I'm guessing, but I think the random you created may be your online avatar. Find out when it goes online, whenever that may be. I've gone for old dude with grey hair and tache. Basically Ron Pearlman in Sons of Anarchy.

Last edited:
damn this is a good game

on episode 9 I think..been replaying some of the earlier ones to get all the mission objectives..got a kickass sniper rifle as well with laser marker

was sneaking behind an outpost yesterday and got attacked by wolves/wild dogs

had no idea they were there and nearly shat my pants

just love this, just love it.

Some Insane Attention To Detail That You Might Have Missed

http://gearnuke.com/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-insane-attention-detail-might-missed/

• If you don’t take a shower and are covered in blood for days, enemies will be able to sense you through your bad smell and will try to investigate its source. In addition to the smell, you will be covered in flies, which can reveal your location.
  • If you don’t return to the Mother Base for days, Big Boss will be hooked to a Salient in the Helicopter.
  • Similarly, if you lose a lot of your Blood, you will be hooked to a Blood Bag in the Helicopter.
  • If you are hiding in an outhouse and have the iDroid speaker upgrade along with “Recorded on the Toilet” Cassette Tape, you can play it over the speaker while hiding in the outhouse to stop enemy soldiers from checking it out.
  • You can use the Cassette Tape of Paz humming on your iDroid speaker to calm down the wandering soldiers that you can find in Side Ops.
  • If you return to Mother Base after being dirty for days, Ocelot will throw a water bucket on your face.
  • Similarly, if you return unwashed and have Quiet in the Helicopter, she will stop Ocelot from throwing the water and will offer you to shower with her.
  • If you reload a full mag, you will still keep the one bullet in the chamber.
  • If you don’t shower, your crew will salute you while covering their noses.
  • If you stun or tranquilize an enemy near a water puddle, they will slowly drown to their death while making little bubbles in the water puddle.
  • If you use a Soldier’s sticker on your Cardboard box and then stand up, they will salute you.
  • Higher rank Soldiers will try to fight back if held up at gun point after a while.
  • If you keep using the same strategy to attack an enemy locale, the soldiers will adapt to your strategy e.g they will use gas masks if you use smoke grenades, night vision googles if you attack at night, or wear helmets if you prefer head-shots.
  • Showering will give the players an increased health and reflex mode. If you don’t shower for days, the health will be lower along with reflex mode.
  • Shooting the power lines while it is raining can electrocute soldiers.
  • If you stand under the “falling boxes” sign on Mother Base, you will get knocked out by a box and this can actually raise the Staff morale if they see it in action.
  • You can hold up the driver of a Jeep at gunpoint if you can sneak behind him with the D-Horse.
  • You can call up the Helicopter if you want to clear the smoke from a smoke grenade.
  • You can stick the C4 to any enemy soldier and then blow them all away when they get close together.
  • If you return to Mother Base while it is raining with Quiet, you can trigger a cutscene where she dances around in the rain with Big Boss.
So basically, Kojima really, REALLY wants you to shower?

How's everyone doing with mother base and their items ?
Got a few new platforms and got the binoculars upgrade and the Fulton upgrade to pick up guns

All the guns seem to be not as good as the normal ones so far
Only a few missions in like

One thing is really annoying me

if venom snake is really just the medic who swapped faces with big boss. How come he's as good a soldier as this legendary mercenary? Surely he'd just get killed first mission. Would have made a little bit more sense if it was at least one of his soldiers.

One thing is really annoying me

if venom snake is really just the medic who swapped faces with big boss. How come he's as good a soldier as this legendary mercenary? Surely he'd just get killed first mission. Would have made a little bit more sense if it was at least one of his soldiers.
I haven't slept properly since the game was release because of this.

replaying a couple of the old misiions to get all the objectives and...
its a disaster...they have started wearing helmets! and some of them now have sniper rifles....

so they have changed their tactics to counter mine, I overheard two troops talking and they were actually saying that due to the number of unsolved sniper attacks (I tend to shoot once then move before discovery) that they were issuing more sniper rifles to troops so they could observe better and counter attack...what a brilliant game!!

Got it today. Just rescued Miller but was a complete slaughter fest :lol: I prefer stealth so will have to work on my technique..

I'm so shit at this game. Keep getting spotted and having to shoot everyone so I'm only getting Ds for my rating. Only done a few missions though so hopefully get better. It's bloody brilliant like.

I'm so shit at this game. Keep getting spotted and having to shoot everyone so I'm only getting Ds for my rating. Only done a few missions though so hopefully get better. It's bloody brilliant like.
just take your time on every mission and make sure you scout the area well and tag etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back