mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have read the thread fully before posting, it was the first handball that I saw, I had no idea that Rooney also hand balled it and we should have had a second penalty. That was at the opposite side of the pitch to where I sit.

Replays in this case do show that it was a clear handball but I'm not bothered, we won today without the 2 penalties that we should have had so we move on.

Admirable as much as it is frustrating but I agree they are biased towards refs, they think the ref should never be criticised because the job is too difficult to do without making mistakes.

Every ref should be subject to criticism just like every player should,but like I said many times they should be judged like players are,over a period time and all their matches.

It is very difficult to be a ref and mistakes are absolutely inevitable, evidence proves that.

Now of course that does not mean they should be immune from criticism and if ref has performed badly it should be said soo

The reason I defend refs ,is that in the main and IMO a ref just gives what he sees,with one look,one angle and split second to decide,while he is surrounded by players,cheating,diving,feign injury etc,and when he does get it wrong he is not criticised,he is slaughtered by names such as cheat,biased,wanker,me personally I think that is bang out of order and simply does not happen in other sports,the whole football culture is wrong IMO,cheat like fuck then blame the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back