Mags having a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just about the winning in the cups and being top of the championship which is obviously great for us, its more to do with the optimism around the place, optimism that wasn't there before Rafa's arrival, we now have a manager who should he promote us also has the pedigree to kick us on as a club rather than merely survive, we also have a manager who has full control of a club who before his arrival were consigned to going absolutely nowhere at any point in the future, everything has changed for the better and I'm cautiously optimistic that even better times are to come, as are most fans.

It's a good time to be a Newcastle fan.

In all fairness they've spent £60+m on players who will be on big wages to get them back up, shows investment can help however that team wouldn't be good in the prem so would need another overhaul etc However they have plenty options in all fairness as again they've recruited well and spent a hell of a lot of money, yes recruited plenty through ridiculous fee's for the two anonymous midfielders (absolutely laughing all the way to the bank) but overall spent more than a lot of prem teams also including ourselves. No excuses if they don't get promoted with that much spent, preston making 10 changes was a strange one as you'd think they'd fancy giving it a go to progress.....clearly not the case?

In all fairness they've spent £60+m on players who will be on big wages to get them back up, shows investment can help however that team wouldn't be good in the prem so would need another overhaul etc However they have plenty options in all fairness as again they've recruited well and spent a hell of a lot of money, yes recruited plenty through ridiculous fee's for the two anonymous midfielders (absolutely laughing all the way to the bank) but overall spent more than a lot of prem teams also including ourselves. No excuses if they don't get promoted with that much spent, preston making 10 changes was a strange one as you'd think they'd fancy giving it a go to progress.....clearly not the case?

:lol:

Might as well embellish a little further if you're not going to tell the truth like.

Its not just about the winning in the cups and being top of the championship which is obviously great for us, its more to do with the optimism around the place, optimism that wasn't there before Rafa's arrival, we now have a manager who should he promote us also has the pedigree to kick us on as a club rather than merely survive, we also have a manager who has full control of a club who before his arrival were consigned to going absolutely nowhere at any point in the future, everything has changed for the better and I'm cautiously optimistic that even better times are to come, as are most fans.

It's a good time to be a Newcastle fan.

Holy shit, the scary thing is I think you believe all that - sure things look much better than they did for you - of course they do -but 'good time to be a Newcastle fan' - wow - a season out of the spotlight, not deemed good enough to even be in the top flight - when beating 10-man Preston becomes credentials for Champions League expectations. £50 Million spent to not even hit the top of the lower leagues until so far in (remember you were going to be unbeaten) 'even better times to come' sums it up - big fish in a small pond thinking you achieved something anyone cares about outside your own fans.

Not enough games to be honest. But people said his in experience of the championship would do him in. not looking that way, he is a quality manager.

more games than PDC, Poyet, Advocaat, Big Sam had to get out of worse positions- are they all just much better top flight managers then???

Holy shit, the scary thing is I think you believe all that - sure things look much better than they did for you - of course they do -but 'good time to be a Newcastle fan' - wow - a season out of the spotlight, not deemed good enough to even be in the top flight - when beating 10-man Preston becomes credentials for Champions League expectations. £50 Million spent to not even hit the top of the lower leagues until so far in (remember you were going to be unbeaten) 'even better times to come' sums it up - big fish in a small pond thinking you achieved something anyone cares about outside your own fans.

more games than PDC, Poyet, Advocaat, Big Sam had to get out of worse positions- are they all just much better top flight managers then???

Don't think Rafa had 30 games, mind. I'm sure his PPG was better than Poyet's and Di Canio's as well.

It's a good time to be a Newcastle fan.[/QUOTE
You're welcome fella.We would love to do it all over again given the chance. You know the Geordie nation have hit the pinnacle when they come on here to show their glee :lol::lol:

Anyways.
Fuck them. They are all horrible knobs.
I hope they get their hopes right up, we play them at home and it's our only away win all season of merit.
They are shit.

Don't think Rafa had 30 games, mind. I'm sure his PPG was better than Poyet's and Di Canio's as well.

Aye - slipped up with the list there - scrub Poyet and BSA - it's only Advocaat and PDC who managed what Rafa couldn't. PPG is irrelevant if the task is 'survive'.

Aye - slipped up with the list there - scrub Poyet and BSA - it's only Advocaat and PDC who managed what Rafa couldn't. PPG is irrelevant if the task is 'survive'.

Probably aye, but there is the mitigating factor of the performance of the other teams you are fighting with against relegation. Just so happened our competition was some super-Houdini dafties who stay up every year and Di Canio was in charge of said super-Houdini dafties.

NUFC sold Sissoko and Wijnaldum for £55mil tbf

Cash in doesn't matter iirc. Nor does the performance of Aston Villa who have spent similar amounts.

Probably aye, but there is the mitigating factor of the performance of the other teams you are fighting with against relegation. Just so happened our competition was some super-Houdini dafties who stay up every year and Di Canio was in charge of said super-Houdini dafties.

Hopefully that sadly deserved tag will be etched deeper by May. :(

Everything's going canny for them like!....it's sickening me inside every time I see their score line pop up. I really do hope they hit a wall at Christmas time. The smoggies done the same a few years ago then blew it in the final 3rd. Here's wishing, fingers crossed.

Honestly couldnt give a shit about their results, we relegated them, think how much that would have hurt if it were the other way round.......They have spent £80 million in the Championship, if they didnt win the league then it would be the ultimate failure.......If/when we go down this season and they are promoted then so fuck, they didnt get the pleasure of sending us down and if we go we deserve it 100%.........The best bit about them is they think that Raffa is God, they have a team of largely Championship players that will struggle in the Premiership. Shelvey looks outstanding in the Championship but went missing for 6 months in the relegation dog fight. Gayle is their top hit man but he struggled to get into the Palace side in the Prem. There is a massive gulf between the big league and the fizzy pop league, fuck me even our lot would win games in that division.

Not enough games to be honest. But people said his in experience of the championship would do him in. not looking that way, he is a quality manager.
He's got 2 decent championship players for each position- it's not rocket science no matter how much they want you to believe it is. When it mattered, he failed and they were relegated, and he won't get 2 decent premier players for every position once they are back up because it will cost them £140m+ as well as having a squad full of championship players on decent wages to keep paying for. No one is talking about what they will do once promoted, it's all joy right now but that is the elephant in the room.

Honestly couldnt give a shit about their results, we relegated them, think how much that would have hurt if it were the other way round.......They have spent £80 million in the Championship, if they didnt win the league then it would be the ultimate failure.......If/when we go down this season and they are promoted then so fuck, they didnt get the pleasure of sending us down and if we go we deserve it 100%.........The best bit about them is they think that Raffa is God, they have a team of largely Championship players that will struggle in the Premiership. Shelvey looks outstanding in the Championship but went missing for 6 months in the relegation dog fight. Gayle is their top hit man but he struggled to get into the Palace side in the Prem. There is a massive gulf between the big league and the fizzy pop league, fuck me even our lot would win games in that division.

:lol: its gan up 30m since the thread started.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back