LVCC - Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coughlin saving our blushes slightly here. The batsmen just havent been good enough this season, simple as that.

Hastings is very hit & miss with the bat, more miss with the Redball than hit.

196-7 - Collingwood 38*, Coughlin 36*. Off for bad light and likely stumps with 2 overs remaining.

Lead is 261. If we can get that above 300 tomorrow I'd be delighted.

Lancashire only got 3 bonus points, so even a defeat for us and them will see us gain ground.

Do the unexpected and declare overnight. But don't tell them until 10.50 tomorrow.

what the hell for? 2 day left in this game, just keep batting

Hastings is very hit & miss with the bat, more miss with the Redball than hit.

His batting should be the least of the worries of people on here. Overall he has been a very good signing for us and his bowling has been very good.

Well played Colly and Muchall today

Very much so. Colly/Muchall in at a difficult time and have put us back in a good position. Hopefully we can have a good day tomorrow

Yeah, a 'good day' tomorrow will probably mean we win. Don't think the game will go into a fourth day (weather permitting). I'd say on balance we've probably 'won' the first two days but if we don't win tomorrow that'll be meaningless.

A win here with a Lancs defeat would be huge. They only have two games left after the current round of matches. We've got 3.

Very much so. Colly/Muchall in at a difficult time and have put us back in a good position. Hopefully we can have a good day tomorrow
Sorry about the lack of commentary, afraid my batteries died!!!

Some very good dogged batting by Colly to keep one end going and helping build two 50 partnerships has saved our skin. Not so much the pitch but Keedy had the ball turning and the pace attack was swinging it around making it tricky for the batsmen. Hopefully the same conditions will apply tomorrow to make things difficult for the batsmen.

The Notts supporters thought they had the game sewn up until Colly got going, they're not confident of getting anything near 250 runs, so the more we make the better it will be. The weather forecast is good enough to ensure there'll be a result either way - hopefully if our bowlers bowl like they did today it'll be a result for Durham. byway, looking forward to a good days cricket tomorrow ....

Yeah, a 'good day' tomorrow will probably mean we win. Don't think the game will go into a fourth day (weather permitting). I'd say on balance we've probably 'won' the first two days but if we don't win tomorrow that'll be meaningless.

A win here with a Lancs defeat would be huge. They only have two games left after the current round of matches. We've got 3.

I noticed Lancs only got 1 bowling point as well which is good news.

Sorry about the lack of commentary, afraid my batteries died!!!

Some very good dogged batting by Colly to keep one end going and helping build two 50 partnerships has saved our skin. Not so much the pitch but Keedy had the ball turning and the pace attack was swinging it around making it tricky for the batsmen. Hopefully the same conditions will apply tomorrow to make things difficult for the batsmen.

The Notts supporters thought they had the game sewn up until Colly got going, they're not confident of getting anything near 250 runs, so the more we make the better it will be. The weather forecast is good enough to ensure there'll be a result either way - hopefully if our bowlers bowl like they did today it'll be a result for Durham. byway, looking forward to a good days cricket tomorrow ....

Thanks for the updates. Collingwood seems to have a habit of doing these things, excellent effort by him today. 2 very useful innings by Muchall who I thought batted very well on day 1. A lead of 300 would be amazing

I noticed Lancs only got 1 bowling point as well which is good news.

Thanks for the updates. Collingwood seems to have a habit of doing these things, excellent effort by him today. 2 very useful innings by Muchall who I thought batted very well on day 1. A lead of 300 would be amazing
A win against Northants will be massive anarl. Got to agree with you on Muchall, both batting performances were just what was needed for the team, pity he couldn't have been more consistent throughout the season. However, he may have come to the party late, but better late than never ..... 300 may be pushing it, but every run we can get will be a bonus that's for sure ....

A win against Northants will be massive anarl. Got to agree with you on Muchall, both batting performances were just what was needed for the team, pity he couldn't have been more consistent throughout the season. However, he may have come to the party late, but better late than never ..... 300 may be pushing it, but every run we can get will be a bonus that's for sure ....

When we bowled Notts out I said "220" so I am very happy at the moment, will be great to get to 300. 2 days left, so hopefully nothing stupid as we gifted them wickets on Day 1 and it sounds like we did today especially with the run out. Overall though I don't think we can have any complaints with the position we find ourselves in. Lancashire won't win and got 2 less bonus points than us.

We'll do very well to get a 325 or so lead. The mornings play at Durham is notorious for wickets tumbling. Be interesting too see how Notts go about chasing this one. It could get very close.

More shit reporting from the BBC -

"Nottinghamshire's bowling coach Keedy, who is playing after being registered as player for the county side in case there was a shortfall of players, claimed a wicket with his first ball in all forms of cricket this season and got three wickets for 12 runs in 31 balls."

Obviously missed his 12 wicketless overs yesterday.......

Whatever happens this season looks like Durham have found another Academy product in Paul Coughlin who is good enough for 1st class cricket. Managed to get to the final session he batted superbly and Colly anchored the innings really well. Muchall batted well played some superb strokes but he is like a cat on a hot tin roof, he must be mentally knackered after batting for an hour.

Lo peeps :)

what day at the Riverside.

First off I had a result just getting into the ground. As I was about to pay my 15 quid to get in someone taps me on the shoulder and say 'here' - it's a ticket to get in. He also gave another one to the lad behind me who happened to be a Notts supporter. I doubt that lad reads this forum but just in case he does, thanks very much indeed. :)

As for the match I think I've only got a mention a couple of things that hasn't been said previously. First, Colly is great. Everytime I've seen him bowl he's caused problems for opposing batsmen. It's funny cos I don't really recall him bowling much at all for England except for 1 dayers, and he's bowling at a fair pace at times too. Not bad for a old 'un.

Rushworth's dismissal of Wessels is worth a mention too. I raised my eyebrows when Rushy was bowling and Richardson sent off to the pavilion for a helmet. It took a minute or two for it to arrive and when it did he stood up to the wicket, not bad for a very part time keeper as the very next ball was lobbed gently to MacLeod at gully and the helmet was sent back to the changing rooms. Whoever worked out that if the wickie stands up for Wessels he'll give a dolly catch is a cricketing genius!

The missed catch / 6 on the boundary by Rocky was a shocker too. The ball slapped into his palms and he pushed it up and over the boundary like he was playing volley ball. Possibly it didn't see it very well because it looked like he was taken by surprise.

When it came to the our innings you have to hand it to Keedy. Our openers looked pretty settled although Rocky did give qa couple of edges, one of which went to hand and out again. As we know he went first ball to the spinner caught behind.

Jennings dismissal was poor. Surrounded by close catchers he tried a paddle sweep. The ball looked up and just evaded a catcher by a yard or so and a few balls and couple of overs later he tried the same again but this time out. Daft shot.

For the run out I'd come down on the side of saying Richardson should take most of the blame. I seen it written that Borthwick 'fell over' but what actually happened is that Rich drove the ball hard down the ground and it possibly hit Borthwick of at least he had to dive out of the way falling on his back in doing so. While still on his back he saw Richardson haring down at him for the first run. In other words he was struggling for the first run never mind the third. Any way, there really was no need to go for a sharp 3.

All in all, a good day for us, it could have been better but we should win from here eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back