Longest spell in our history out of top league

As I said. I'm speaking from my perspective, its relevant to me. That's why I'm not moaning.
I’m 55 and this period is dire. There’s been other periods for sure but football was a different beast back then.Personally when I was younger I would have gone to watch them no matter how shit they were as it was a day out with mates.
Now it’s purely for the match and I’m at an age where I want to see us show ambition. I can take us getting beat and not winning promotion aslong as we show that we are truly going for it.
Unfortunately I don’t get that feeling with the model.
The summer will be an eye opener for many.

We will yeah but momentum is everything, and if we end this season badly that feeling could well run into next season.
I've seen us get relegated and come back up the very next season a few times, so that doesn't worry me.
I’m 55 and this period is dire. There’s been other periods for sure but football was a different beast back then.Personally when I was younger I would have gone to watch them no matter how shit they were as it was a day out with mates.
Now it’s purely for the match and I’m at an age where I want to see us show ambition. I can take us getting beat and not winning promotion aslong as we show that we are truly going for it.
Unfortunately I don’t get that feeling with the model.
The summer will be an eye opener for many.
These last couple of seasons are better than the six before, so I'll take heart from that.

Last edited:
20 during their last spell as you likely knew I was referring to . Sheff Wednesday may be a good analogy too sadly.
Sheffield Wednesday precisely.
They were a yo-yo club between the 1st and 2nd Divisions in the 1950's. Now they go between the 2nd and 3rd.
Joined a line of northern clubs doing the same.
Blackburn, Blackpool, Preston, Bolton and Sheffield United, there may be others.
Would hate to see Sunderland join them, but we've been relegated to the 3rd Division twice, the rot needs to be stopped.
Or a meringue?

How do we know we didn't try and he preferred to stay further south with a team higher in the table than us?
Bournemouth loaned him to the side prepared to pay the highest percentage of his wages.

Ipswich were that club despite already having a more than decent quota of strikers on their books.

Presumably they aren’t content with just plodding along.

To an extent I think we probably are. That's how they see us raising the money to get us anywhere. Championship TV revenue and matchday revenue isn't enough when you're competing with parachute payments.
Savvy investment to buy a quality striker and DCM would allow us to get in play offs.

If KLD is in this for a money making game he will get a lot more money seeking us as a premier leagu club

The thing is though mate, we’ve made it highly known we won’t pay over £15k a week. Therefore even if we did agree a decent fee with a club, we’d have issues agreeing wages with players.

I can see the summer being very frustrating
Yeah that is the problem with this model, no wriggle room to sign any proven quality unless they are desperate to rebuild their career like Pritchard and Roberts were when they joined us for peanuts.

We wanted to buy him. It wasn’t our side that was the issue.
How much effort did we put in?

You have to pay over the odds a little for strikers. Ipswich took a gamble on not only him butMoore as well. They are going to have an exciting end of season, our season is pretty much over.

I’d rather be an Ipswich supporter this morning. A club with ambition to get promoted rather than a shit player farm.

The biggest club in the championship deserves way more than we are getting from our current owners. Easy for me to tell them to invest as it’s not my money, but the club is going backwards at a rate of knots because we wont invest a little to build on the good work they have done on player recruitment.

Last edited:
How much effort did we put in?

You have to pay over the odds a little for strikers. Ipswich took a gamble on not only him and Moore. They are going to have an exciting end of season, our season is pretty much over.

I’d rather be an Ipswich supporter this morning. A club with ambition to get promoted rather than a shit player farm.
From what I’ve heard the deal was basically agreed between the two clubs. He then decided to sign a new contract at Everton.

It’s also worth pointing out he doesn’t play as a 9 for Ipswich, was on about £15k a week in L1 and a lot of this is hindsight given he regularly broke down for us. But the club wanted him that’s for sure.

From what I’ve heard the deal was basically agreed between the two clubs. He then decided to sign a new contract at Everton.

It’s also worth pointing out he doesn’t play as a 9 for Ipswich, was on about £15k a week in L1 and a lot of this is hindsight given he regularly broke down for us. But the club wanted him that’s for sure.
Fair enough. He doesn’t seem to be as injured as much at Ipswich mind.

Another thing that needs looking at is our training and medical stuff because we have a lot of injuries and then repeat injuries.

The place needs shaping up from top to bottom

Savvy investment to buy a quality striker and DCM would allow us to get in play offs.

If KLD is in this for a money making game he will get a lot more money seeking us as a premier leagu club
I think that's where he wants us. He just has his own plan to get us there. There's every chance a Kyle Lafferty comes here n does nowt. After all, we've no idea how to play with a striker.

From a purely financial POV would it not be cheaper to do it in L1?

He’s never been a fan of people who don’t agree 100% down the line with him.
No. You don't usually sell players to the prem from league 1. There are exceptions but not many and most of those would have been for higher fees if they been from championship to premier league.

Back