Listening to the match on Friday

Lonz

Striker
I might be driving down south on Friday while the match is on. What’s my best option to listen to the match, if any at all?

If we’re on BBC Newcastle, I’m hoping I’ll be able to stream it on one of the apps but I remember having some issues doing something similar in the past.

I might be driving down south on Friday while the match is on. What’s my best option to listen to the match, if any at all?

If we’re on BBC Newcastle, I’m hoping I’ll be able to stream it on one of the apps but I remember having some issues doing something similar in the past.
I think there’s some reason that prevents them streaming live commentary via the app. I’m sure I’ve experienced similar issues when I’ve been out of the area.

I suppose with it being on a Friday normal streaming rules might not apply …. You could always get Franky and Danny on your phone via the clubs streaming service ….

I can never get the radio online, as been said think you can pay on the club site to listen 👍

You’ll have to sign up for a monthly audio pass and listen through the Sunderland app.

It is a complete disgrace which as a long-term exile I get angry about every year when having to pay for the annual pass.

The EFL sell the rights to the BBC, paid for by the licence fee payer. The EFL then prevent the BBC local stations streaming the audio so if you want to listen outside the region you have to pay again, even though it’s your licence fee money that paid for the rights in the first place.

You’ll have to sign up for a monthly audio pass and listen through the Sunderland app.

It is a complete disgrace which as a long-term exile I get angry about every year when having to pay for the annual pass.

The EFL sell the rights to the BBC, paid for by the licence fee payer. The EFL then prevent the BBC local stations streaming the audio so if you want to listen outside the region you have to pay again, even though it’s your licence fee money that paid for the rights in the first place.
This:
Boils my pee 😫

Thanks everyone. Don’t think I’ll be paying for a full month to listen to Hemir walking around for an hour.

I thought the EFL sold the National rights to radio exclusively to talk sport?? Maybe that why you can listen to it outside the " region"??

I thought the EFL sold the National rights to radio exclusively to talk sport?? Maybe that why you can listen to it outside the " region"??
They sold the rights to broadcast EFL games nationwide to Talk Sport but obviously that limits you to whichever game(s) they choose to broadcast, much like 5 Live. They do a separate deal with BBC local radio for individual clubs which is region-locked.

Back