Linked with 'Uruguayan Mbappe'

Well out of our range when he was mentioned at 8m a few month back.

I doubt we'd hit anything close to the 10m mark on a player, even if we went up or sold Clarke for 30m

Well out of our range when he was mentioned at 8m a few month back.

I doubt we'd hit anything close to the 10m mark on a player, even if we went up or sold Clarke for 30m
I'd like to think we would invest if we got promoted like, given it's 90m guaranteed income from TV deals.

Even at £8m, should we decide to pay it, it would still be a huge risk.

South American, very young. I dont think Sunderland could take that risk.

Would be a good punt for a Premier League team though who already have two decent strikers and can take time getting the lad settled in with less pressure. To a premier league team £8m is a cheap deal.

If it went wrong for us then we would be screwed at that price.

Even at £8m, should we decide to pay it, it would still be a huge risk.

South American, very young. I dont think Sunderland could take that risk.

Would be a good punt for a Premier League team though who already have two decent strikers and can take time getting the lad settled in with less pressure. To a premier league team £8m is a cheap deal.

If it went wrong for us then we would be screwed at that price.
Brighton sign younguns from South America for £15 million and move them on for upwards of £50 million, speculate to accumulate rodders 😂

According to the Echo (quoting The Sun), Stuart Harvey is scouting this kid, Luciano Rodriguez, who is rated at £8m...you'd think that might rule us out!
Very highly rated. He is said to be 18 in the Echo article but it seems he's 20 and plays as central striker or down either flank.

Apologies for my cynicism but if he is the Uruguayan Mbappe why is he coming to us?

But let’s be honest, he’s not going to be the next Mbappe because if he was then a Premiership side would have him.

I’ve had all remaining optimism battered out of me.

Roll on the heady heights of Sunny Boro……………☹️

Apologies for my cynicism but if he is the Uruguayan Mbappe why is he coming to us?

But let’s be honest, he’s not going to be the next Mbappe because if he was then a Premiership side would have him.

I’ve had all remaining optimism battered out of me.

Roll on the heady heights of Sunny Boro……………☹️

He's not coming to us.

Never was.

Agreed. I never thought he was. Plus I’ve never heard of him. But I’m no expert on Uruguayan football.

Same here, but when 8m was mentioned a few month back, that was enough to know our interest was short lived. Mind his valued at nearly 13m now, with some of the biggest clubs around taking an interest so the lad must gave something about him.

That 8m will probably turn out to have been a steal in the end, but a million miles from where are for a good while yet.

Last edited:
Same here, but when 8m was mentioned a few month back, that was enough to know our interest was short lived. Mind his valued at nearly 13m now, with some of the biggest clubs around taking an interest so the lad must gave something about him.

That 8m will probably turn out to have been a steal in the end, but a million miles from where are for a good while yet.
Aye we will steal someone for £34 from East Grinsford Working Mens Club who is the next Platini.

He won’t be a Centre Forward though!

Back