Les Ferdinand/ Mike Beale

I think the timing was just way off with Moyes here.

We were a mess and there was no money left.
Dinnar like, he spent a canny bit of wedge on Ndong (When he could have had M'vila) and that shit defender from Chelski, who had played what??? 1 game for the first team.

Ferdinand speaks of the QPR model being identical to that which KLD wishes to implement here. Speaking of fielding a young side in the championship Keane says something like playing a young team in the championship,you know they’ll get eaten alive. So probably not on the managerial short list.
Good job QPR are doing so well then.......

Dinnar like, he spent a canny bit of wedge on Ndong (When he could have had M'vila) and that shit defender from Chelski, who had played what??? 1 game for the first team.
I don't think that's true.

Djilibodji.... he played a big chunk of the first half of the season actually. Won a few games with him in the side as well - Hull, Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, as well as draws against Liverpool and Southampton. I think he was on the cusp of coming good when he got a four match ban for violent conduct and then never played again. Of course he was an absolute disgrace following relegation.

I'd love to know the inside story on what went on there that summer.

Ferdinand speaks of the QPR model being identical to that which KLD wishes to implement here. Speaking of fielding a young side in the championship Keane says something like playing a young team in the championship,you know they’ll get eaten alive. So probably not on the managerial short list.
Aye, can't imagine Roy going four windows without signing a proven striker.

To be fair, Roy gave youth a chance when he was in charge, threw a few of them into the deep end like Hendo, Waghorn etc.

It was a canny interview to be fair. He'd be an interesting candidate for the DOF role if we move on from Speakman in the summer.

Stick to Football is a great podcast as well to be fair. Very entertaining.

I don't think that's true.

Djilibodji.... he played a big chunk of the first half of the season actually. Won a few games with him in the side as well - Hull, Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, as well as draws against Liverpool and Southampton. I think he was on the cusp of coming good when he got a four match ban for violent conduct and then never played again. Of course he was an absolute disgrace following relegation.

I'd love to know the inside story on what went on there that summer.
He had 1 good game vs Watford. That was it . Other than that it was a massive car crash. The Cambridge asked him to play and they knocked him back . Don't ever try to appease that signing 😂

It was a canny interview to be fair. He'd be an interesting candidate for the DOF role if we move on from Speakman in the summer.

Stick to Football is a great podcast as well to be fair. Very entertaining.
I certainly thought that he came across so well that it would massively improve his chances of employment. He was passionate, seemed really open with his responses and very knowledgeable.

Also, for those thinking that I posted this to frame Beale in a positive light, I was astonished when I heard this podcast. That’s what drove me to post it. I don’t recognise the Mike Beale that he was describing. And it seemed extraordinary to me that he would claim the players were eating out of his hands if that was an exaggeration design purely to safeguard the fact that he had employed him. That’s completely untrue it’s a hell of a claim.

For the avoidance of doubt, I thought Beale was a colossal prick.

Last edited:

Back