Les Ferdinand/ Mike Beale

Wearwolf

Reserve Squad
Latest episode of Stick to Football has a genuinely fascinating interview with Les Ferdinand. Just after the hour mark he talks at length about Michael Beale. It’s extraordinary to hear how unbelievably positive QPR staff and players were about him and is 100% worth a listen.

He'll end up back there eventually. He probably is a decent coach , Just an absolute cock at the other more important bits, man management, tactics etc. He got off to a flier at qpr and when things are going well things just fall into place. Went drastically down hill from there😊😅

He was critically acclaimed everywhere until he took over as number 1 at Rangers.

I really do think he went for the big job too early. Should have stuck with QPR and developed as a head coach and then moved on to Rangers at a later date. He obviously has something for so many people to rate him, but he was nowhere near Ready for Rangers and Sunderland.

Latest episode of Stick to Football has a genuinely fascinating interview with Les Ferdinand. Just after the hour mark he talks at length about Michael Beale. It’s extraordinary to hear how unbelievably positive QPR staff and players were about him and is 100% worth a listen.

I suspect that'll be the case with a lot of them here.

Ferdinand speaks of the QPR model being identical to that which KLD wishes to implement here. Speaking of fielding a young side in the championship Keane says something like playing a young team in the championship,you know they’ll get eaten alive. So probably not on the managerial short list.

QPR had lost 5 and drew 1 of the last 8 games prior to Beale leaving.

The wheels had firmly fell off.

In addition to that, their good start was mainly as a result of worldies and ridiculous GK errors.

It was totally unsustainable and I suspect if he had stayed at QPR it would have really soured shortly thereafter.

The comment that struck me the most is when he says that he had the players “eating out of his hand”. So difficult for me to believe.

Ferdinand speaks of the QPR model being identical to that which KLD wishes to implement here. Speaking of fielding a young side in the championship Keane says something like playing a young team in the championship,you know they’ll get eaten alive. So probably not on the managerial short list.
So of all the routes to go down KLD follows QPR!

The truth will lie somewhere in the middle. Rangers think he’s a dick,qpr thought he was alright and he came across poorly at times here and never got goimg

QPR had lost 5 and drew 1 of the last 8 games prior to Beale leaving.

The wheels had firmly fell off.

In addition to that, their good start was mainly as a result of worldies and ridiculous GK errors.

It was totally unsustainable and I suspect if he had stayed at QPR it would have really soured shortly thereafter.
They were absolutely dreadful for 85 minutes up here under him last season. Ridiculous that we dropped 2 points from that game

Back