Leonardo di Caprio as Frank Sinatra

I thought the Irishman was shit. I rewatched it recently to make sure I was right, and I was.
Watched it once, doubt I'd bother again.

Remember there being some good bits, but it's way too long, and the de-aged scenes are pretty naff. De Niro looked ok 'til he was supposed to be braying someone, then it just looked ridiculous.

Meanwhile QT keeps fannying about
Hopefully this means he’s bought the rights to another Elmore Leonard book and we can look forward to another Jackie Brown (Rum Punch) style effort. Preferably one of Pagan Babies, Bandits or Swag please. Though I think Burt Reynolds still owns Swag which he intended to follow up his butchering of Stick with.
Or hopefully his retirements like Bowies retirement of Ziggy and QT intends to make more book adaptation films and has simply quit his cartoons with real people in them type original stuff. Fingers crossed.
All sounds a bit dull. Although it depends what angle Scorcese takes.
Mafia, shagging about, Kennedys, post Ava breakdown, the Nelson Riddle classics and I’m in. Though it’ll probably be very Rat Pack heavy.

Last edited:
Scorsese and Di Caprio are an all time great pairing, and while I’ll definitely watch this, I do wish Leo would branch out a bit more, work with a greater variety of directors but it’s a minor issue (Wolf of Wall Street probably being one of the best films of the 2010’s)

He does have the new Paul Thomas Andersen film coming later this year so that’s good.

He always surprises me in a good way, he also likes his lasses young, Frank married Mia Farrow when she was 21 and he was 50, another connection! He's a bit old now but I think they should have made this film years ago with actor Toby Huss as Frank, he's his double.

Mia Farrow and Woody Allen's son, Ronan Farrow, is also Frank's double.

Must be a coincidence, because if Ronan is Frank's son, Mia would have committed a felony taking child support off Woody.

Logon or register to see this image

I not a big fan of Hollywood biopics.

There is no doubt about it that Sintara was a good singer but I was never really that interested in him as a person. He was just a 1950's/60's American showbiz personality with all the hype that went with it like the obligatory multiple marriages to other showbiz personalities and the (alleged) dinking. That's not enough to fill a couple of hours.

The only really facinating Sinatra fact is that his "swinging 60's daughter - Nancy "These boots are made for walking" Sinatra - is now 83 years of age which makes me very old indeed!!!

Still I guess that they will squeez in a canny few of his recordings and that should boost what is probably by now a flagging back catalogue. So its good news for the Warner Music Group who took over the recording company that Sinatra set up Reprise Records and I guess that their parent company Warner Brothers who own all of Sinatra's old films will be funding this one.

I not a big fan of Hollywood biopics.

There is no doubt about it that Sintara was a good singer but I was never really that interested in him as a person. He was just a 1950's/60's American showbiz personality with all the hype that went with it like the obligatory multiple marriages to other showbiz personalities and the (alleged) dinking. That's not enough to fill a couple of hours.

The only really facinating Sinatra fact is that his "swinging 60's daughter - Nancy "These boots are made for walking" Sinatra - is now 83 years of age which makes me very old indeed!!!

Still I guess that they will squeez in a canny few of his recordings and that should boost what is probably by now a flagging back catalogue. So its good news for the Warner Music Group who took over the recording company that Sinatra set up Reprise Records and I guess that their parent company Warner Brothers who own all of Sinatra's old films will be funding this one.

didnt he have mob links old franky s

Back