Legalising Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Full Back
10 years ago it would never be considered, but it's a new world and all that...

Colorado for example are going to be paying tax back because of the high levels of profit the government made, and the reduced levels of crime since it's legalisation...

What are people's thoughts on it?

The amount of money that can be made from it (providing it goes back to the state) and the reduced levels of crime are attractive. I'm not so sure if there'd be long-term health effects from it though. We won't see that for many years.

Looking forwards to all the "stoned" posts on the SMB other than the drunk ones when the time comes like.

Not that it will make much of a difference

It used to seem like there was only two groups of thought regarding the health effects;
A) it's a harmless drug, non-addictive
B) It causes schizophrenia, personality disorders, MH problems etc etc

Now seems to be getting researched more and talked about more openly and there are more reasoned debates at least with people meeting in the middle. But as Frijj said it'll be a long time before we truly find out about the health aspect.

Economically it can't seem to be argued against at the moment though...

There'll be a lot more threads about biscuits.

:lol:

I forgot it was even illegal. It should be legalised and properly controlled. Still wouldnt recommend anyone smoking it

The unregulated super duper skunk will cause more mental health issues, imo.

Regulate, as Nate dogg once said.

It used to seem like there was only two groups of thought regarding the health effects;
A) it's a harmless drug, non-addictive
B) It causes schizophrenia, personality disorders, MH problems etc etc

Now seems to be getting researched more and talked about more openly and there are more reasoned debates at least with people meeting in the middle. But as Frijj said it'll be a long time before we truly find out about the health aspect.

Economically it can't seem to be argued against at the moment though...

:lol:
after smoking it for over 15 years and quitting last year I can safely say it fucks you up, kills your ambition, stops you doing stuff and wouldn't recommend it to anyone

The whole lot should be legalised. Will take time before get some leaders with the balls to do it.

The current drug laws cause misery to millions throughout the drugs industry.

after smoking it for over 15 years and quitting last year I can safely say it fucks you up, kills your ambition, stops you doing stuff and wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Completely empathise with you there mate, I've known people on both ends of the spectrum that have said they have/haven't had long term problems from it, how much were you smoking daily/weekly if you don't mind me asking?

10 years ago it would never be considered, but it's a new world and all that...

Colorado for example are going to be paying tax back because of the high levels of profit the government made, and the reduced levels of crime since it's legalisation...

What are people's thoughts on it?

Legalise it, but let the stoneheeds pay for their own health issues.

This. Young kids think they will fine. Like any drug, alcohol included, it has long term effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back