LB, DM & CF

poolie

Midfield
Less than a week left of the transfer window and its obvious we need to strengthen in these areas.

Two of the positions, this is the third transfer window we’ve needed what we’re still missing (quality and experience in both).

Anyone think we’ll get what’s required. Personally think it’ll be the difference between a possible play off finish or finishing around 10th-12th position.

I think we'll get Styles and then a striker on loan, possibly Gelhardt.
Be very surprised if we get more than 2 in. Hope to be proven wrong though.
We'll do well to make sure there's no other outgoings as well.

My guess.

Out

Clarke - lazio
Pritchard - Birmingham
Triantis - bolton (loan)
Bennette - aris (loan)
Matete - rotherham (loan

In

Hjelde - leeds (loan)
Callum styles - barsnley
Charles Sagoe jr - arsenal (loan)
Some striker from abroad

We'll get an attacking central midfielder/number 10 in on loan, claim he's a centre forward then play him up front out of his natural position.
We'll also get a midfielder in but he won't be what we need which is someone who can protect the back 4, he'll be predominantly an attacking type central midfielder (see Neil and Ekwah) and we'll play him as a defensive midfielder also out of his natural position

My guess.

Out

Clarke - lazio
Pritchard - Birmingham
Triantis - bolton (loan)
Bennette - aris (loan)
Matete - rotherham (loan

In

Hjelde - leeds (loan)
Callum styles - barsnley
Charles Sagoe jr - arsenal (loan)
Some striker from abroad
Is Clarke to Lazio a rumour is it?

I think he'll stay this month but 100% gone in the summer.

We'll get an attacking central midfielder/number 10 in on loan, claim he's a centre forward then play him up front out of his natural position.
We'll also get a midfielder in but he won't be what we need which is someone who can protect the back 4, he'll be predominantly an attacking type central midfielder (see Neil and Ekwah) and we'll play him as a defensive midfielder also out of his natural position
That’s the spirit!

If a bid does come for Clarke we’ll be able to have their pants down given the timing/ no need to sell.

This being Sunderland however. Clarke will put a very public transfer request in rendering our bargaining power gone.

I think we'll get Styles and then a striker on loan, possibly Gelhardt.
Be very surprised if we get more than 2 in. Hope to be proven wrong though.
We'll do well to make sure there's no other outgoings as well.
Styles and Gelhardt ,I must remember to arrange the Horden colliery brass band.

Well we're buying a CB and a winger if that's any good . Clearly not prioritising any particular position.

Who needs a CDM eh? Clearly not us. Can't quite work out Speakman's logic this season. Yes there's a model to follow, but surely the aim is to improve the team at the same time

Well we're buying a CB and a winger if that's any good . Clearly not prioritising any particular position.

Who needs a CDM eh? Clearly not us. Can't quite work out Speakman's logic this season. Yes there's a model to follow, but surely the aim is to improve the team at the same time
There isn’t any logic we basically sign any old shite that’s available.

We’ve needed the same position sorting for about 5 windows now

Back