Larsson covering the most ground, Wickham the quickes, van Aanholt ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimario

Striker
'Seb Larsson has covered the most ground for Sunderland two weeks running. The 11.83km he covered against Manchester United is the greatest distance any Sunderland player has covered this season as per the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, and Larsson’s energy has proved to be important so far this season, with Sunderland yet to drop a point.
The quickest Sunderland player so far this season is Connor Wickham. The forward has been recorded running at 33.4kmph according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, and he is looking to be a likely starter again this weekend.
New signing Patrick Van Aanholt has made the most defensive contributions in the Sunderland squad so far this season. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows the ex-Chelsea man has made more tackles (7) and more interceptions (8) than anyone else in team, and the Dutchman is likely to continue in his berth on the left hand side of defence this weekend.'

Covering ground is not everything but it's an indication that Seb is doing good work for the team. He's also 1+1 after two games and has been producing some good set pieces. He has his criticts but a very good re-signing for me.
van Aanholt has been criticized for his defensive abilities and although he's cost us he's obviously done alot of good without the ball too.

/QPR-Sunderland 1-3

I know it's only a game but it's based on actual stats and we have all three of our CM's in the top 10 in the Skysports Fantasy football MF section.....Cattermole being third highest scorer.

'Seb Larsson has covered the most ground for Sunderland two weeks running. The 11.83km he covered against Manchester United is the greatest distance any Sunderland player has covered this season as per the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, and Larsson’s energy has proved to be important so far this season, with Sunderland yet to drop a point.
The quickest Sunderland player so far this season is Connor Wickham. The forward has been recorded running at 33.4kmph according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, and he is looking to be a likely starter again this weekend.
New signing Patrick Van Aanholt has made the most defensive contributions in the Sunderland squad so far this season. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows the ex-Chelsea man has made more tackles (7) and more interceptions (8) than anyone else in team, and the Dutchman is likely to continue in his berth on the left hand side of defence this weekend.'

Covering ground is not everything but it's an indication that Seb is doing good work for the team. He's also 1+1 after two games and has been producing some good set pieces. He has his criticts but a very good re-signing for me.
van Aanholt has been criticized for his defensive abilities and although he's cost us he's obviously done alot of good without the ball too.

/QPR-Sunderland 1-3
Surprised about the pace - thought PVA and Will would be faster.

/QPR-Sunderland 1-3

Thanks for posting, keep them coming, I like these stats.

I take the point another poster has made about expecting a midfielder such as Larsson would be expected to do more running than players in other positions but would be interesting to compare his against someone like Fletcher's stats.

You would like to see your centre forward on the go all the time trying to lose his marker and create space for himself, I don't see that from Fletcher but wonder if the stats back this up.

On paper our starting midfielders are canny individuals. I am yet to see anything that makes me think they work together well enough attacking and creativity wise though. There's got to be something we can do to get them further up the pitch.

Hope this thread continues throughout the year. It's good to know the stats. @Rimario can't you do a weekly update of these stats?

Just nicked it from a newsnow article so not sure where to find it, but I guess it can't be too hard. If I don't do it someone else might, hopefully. Agree it's always interesting.

I take the point another poster has made about expecting a midfielder such as Larsson would be expected to do more running than players in other positions but would be interesting to compare his against someone like Fletcher's stats.

You would like to see your centre forward on the go all the time trying to lose his marker and create space for himself, I don't see that from Fletcher but wonder if the stats back this up.

Against man u larsson was the player sprinting out to press their defence. It seems like he's been assigned that role.

Wickham is the 5th fastest player in the world - get in!

Here are the top-ten quickest footballer’s in the world according to FIFA statistics:

1. Antonio Valencia – 35.1 km/h

2. Gareth Bale – 34.7 km/h

3. Aaron Lennon – 33.8 km/h

4. Cristiano Ronaldo – 33.6 km/h

5. Theo Walcott – 32.7 km/h

6.Lionel Messi – 32.5 km/h

7. Wayne Rooney – 31.2 km/h

8. Franck Ribery – 30.7 km/h

9. Arjen Robben – 30.4 km/h

10. Alexis Sanchez – 30.1 km/h

Status
Not open for further replies.