Kone to be offered new contract in september

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes has played a blinder here.

Everton will have to pay big time now.

If we promised to renew his contract then we're honouring that by discussing/agreeing in September....after the window has closed and we're not getting into a bidding war with Everton over a player that we already own. Koné can have no complaints with that whatsoever.

Hopefully the lad has genuinely just had some terrible advice and he does want to stay and play for us...and I hope that the fans don't boo him if he accepts this explanation from the club.

Also shows potential buyers exactly what sort of individual they've got on their hands as well, meaning his agent will have to work hard to get the money he wants. Great stuff from us.

Moyes is very astute and has shoved it right up Kone and his agent.

Hopefully Kone realises that he is in above his head, withdraw his transfer request and sign a new contract in September. Followed by Moyes giving his agent a Glasgow kiss outside the AOL.

aye, smells fishy to me like.

surely safc couldn't say this then back out but why do it at all? breeds distrust. after teh alvarez farce, *possibly* a similar thing with mvila and the he who shall not be named saga we should be aiming to improve our reputation amongst clubs, players, agents and fans not f***ing around like this.

IMO

Thats the point, no way will they get into a wage war with Everton. Kone either waits and see or takes Everton / other offers. The player is under contract, the club isn't under any obligation to increase his wages after only 6 months.

True, but I just think saying "we'll give you a new contract when the window closes" is a bit stupid if it's anything but sarcasm. If they were going to give him a contract he'd be happy with they'd have done it already. Sounds like he's trying to hold the club to ransom and the club are calling his bluff. If the club are calling his bluff then he's going to have to hope another club meets SAFC's valuation (whatever that may be).

Or hes saying to his agent "you can fuck off if you think we are giving him a written contract offer for you to use to get a better move or more money elsewhere" and at the same time pretty much telling Kone he's getting what he wanted so prove he is committed and wants to stay as per his comments / statement.

Club / Moyes couldn't have played it any better imo

Or hes saying to his agent "you can fuck off if you think we are giving him a written contract offer for you to use to get a better move or more money elsewhere" and at the same time pretty much telling Kone he's getting what he wanted so prove he is committed and wants to stay as per his comments / statement.

Club / Moyes couldn't have played it any better imo
I'll decide if this is true on 1st September...

So, smart arse, what should the club do?

I have already said that in the light of Moyes' comment, the point about selecting the greed bastard falls.
All footballers are greedy bastards. A contract means fuck all, in any walk of life in reality. No point whatsoever trying to keep him here, paying god knows what, and have him playing in the reserves while his value plummets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back