Kobbie Mainoo

He's not class at all though. I don't really care how many games he's played for Brighton either, if he was great for 350 of them games and has been shite for the last 50 then is he still class?

Up until the last week or so he's been spoken about in the exact same way as James Ward-Prowse. People wanted him in the team because they think anyone not playing for a top six side is great and gets overlooked. Neither of them are very good. People just blindly throw out that average players like that are great without even watching them play.

Recent performance just there. Bailed out by Steele at 0-0 when he got bullied off Lukaku, poor for the first goal, awful for the second goal and bailed out by Steele at 2-0 when he lost Lukaku.

You're basing it off 1 game though which to be honest, was a bit of an anomaly, Welbeck had more than enough chances to score 4 himself and Lukaku is an absolute unit, if Lukaku could finish he wouldn't of failed in the premier league not once, not twice, but 3 times.

He's 6'4 which makes him an imposing presence defensively and offensively and plays club and international football where they play out from the back, basically a more lankier but less skillful John Stones.

You watched him play ? It's not hard to pass a ball to a midfield player or a full back ?
Yes I have actually. And though you are correct, it is much harder to play a defence splitting pass, or to run past an opponent with the ball than it is to pass to the closest midfielder or fullback. And it is much more difficult to defend against a team when anybody on the pitch is capable of picking that defence splitting pass, you can’t just let the cb have the ball and mark all of his short passes because you know he won’t do anything with it.

Stones and Maguire arse much more capable of the killer pass and joining the midfield when on form than tomori is, they’re also better in the air.

My observation was based on the way Southgate chooses to set up, I wasn’t giving my opinion on who I think should be selected.

Yes I have actually. And though you are correct, it is much harder to play a defence splitting pass, or to run past an opponent with the ball than it is to pass to the closest midfielder or fullback. And it is much more difficult to defend against a team when anybody on the pitch is capable of picking that defence splitting pass, you can’t just let the cb have the ball and mark all of his short passes because you know he won’t do anything with it.

Stones and Maguire arse much more capable of the killer pass and joining the midfield when on form than tomori is, they’re also better in the air.

My observation was based on the way Southgate chooses to set up, I wasn’t giving my opinion on who I think should be selected.
Tomori will be gutted that Maguire can play a better killer pass with his arse mind ;) sorry, couldn't resist!

Your going far to deep mate. Read half your comment. Centre halfs just have to be able to pass the ball from A to B. If a better pass is on its upto them to make it.
Tomori will be gutted that Maguire can play a better killer pass with his arse mind ;) sorry, couldn't resist!
Lad is talking absolute bollocks mate.

People were dissing me a fortnight ago, but I don’t think our starting 11 by the summer will be much different to Pickford; Walker, Gomes, Stones, Shaw; Bellingham, Rice; Saka, Palmer, Foden; Kane. There aren’t many better options out there - as the past week has shown.

People were dissing me a fortnight ago, but I don’t think our starting 11 by the summer will be much different to Pickford; Walker, Gomes, Stones, Shaw; Bellingham, Rice; Saka, Palmer, Foden; Kane. There aren’t many better options out there - as the past week has shown.
Did a pick your side for the euros thing on the BBC website earlier. Exact same as you except I put mainoo in ahead of Palmer (Shaw will almost certainly miss out mind, so I'd have to put Chilwell there, crazy the lack of genuine left backs, Mitchell probably the next in line).

Why the hate for Lewis Dunk? Hes class. Played over 400 games for Brighton, just because he plays for Brighton and not a fashionable vlub I am assuming.

He’s not class man :lol: give over

Terry, Vidic, Kompany, Puyol were what can be termed as “class”

Dunk is absolutely bang average at best

Did a pick your side for the euros thing on the BBC website earlier. Exact same as you except I put mainoo in ahead of Palmer (Shaw will almost certainly miss out mind, so I'd have to put Chilwell there, crazy the lack of genuine left backs, Mitchell probably the next in line).
Yes I did. Like you, I think Shaw will miss out but I put him in as he’d be my choice if fit. I’m also 90% sure that Southgate will put Maguire in rather than Gomes (despite Gomes being the better player), and he’ll play someone further back alongside Rice rather than putting Palmer in at 10, so it could be Mainoo. I just wish we had a manager who was more interested in getting our better players on the pitch in their best positions and letting the opposition worry about us, rather than set up to try and stop the opposition. Left back is interesting. The best LB’s are injured - Shaw and Rico Henry. Gomes has played there this season for Liverpool, but it’s Chilwell’s spot to lose at the moment really isn’t it.

Yes I did. Like you, I think Shaw will miss out but I put him in as he’d be my choice if fit. I’m also 90% sure that Southgate will put Maguire in rather than Gomes (despite Gomes being the better player), and he’ll play someone further back alongside Rice rather than putting Palmer in at 10, so it could be Mainoo. I just wish we had a manager who was more interested in getting our better players on the pitch in their best positions and letting the opposition worry about us, rather than set up to try and stop the opposition. Left back is interesting. The best LB’s are injured - Shaw and Rico Henry. Gomes has played there this season for Liverpool, but it’s Chilwell’s spot to lose at the moment really isn’t it.
Aye, personally I think having Palmer and Foden might not work, they'd probably both want to be in the same spaces (and getting in Bellingham's way a bit) so I don't mind two more holding players as long as one is like Mainoo and can advance a bit and be comfortable on the ball. I think the front four of Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham can cause enough trouble to worry teams, especially when we've also got walker supporting from full back. Yeah, it's going to be Chilwell who I've never been impressed with, but still a pretty strong side. Agree about gomez, it's bound to be maguire which I think will be a mistake but there we go!

Aye, personally I think having Palmer and Foden might not work, they'd probably both want to be in the same spaces (and getting in Bellingham's way a bit) so I don't mind two more holding players as long as one is like Mainoo and can advance a bit and be comfortable on the ball. I think the front four of Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham can cause enough trouble to worry teams, especially when we've also got walker supporting from full back. Yeah, it's going to be Chilwell who I've never been impressed with, but still a pretty strong side. Agree about gomez, it's bound to be maguire which I think will be a mistake but there we go!
To be honest, I think Bellingham is good enough to play the second holding player and get forward enough to cause issues - Rice has shown he can do the same with Arsenal. And I think Foden has shown with City that he can play left of a three. My big issue with England is Kane. He is allowed to drop too deep because we don’t have a proper number 10 playing. Either he plays 10 and we put a CF like Toney / Watkins in, or we push Kane back into the number 9 role he plays for BM by putting someone like Palmer (who is an excellent player by the way) at 10 - playing Palmer at 10 is my option.

You weren't watching the match then?

To be honest, I think Bellingham is good enough to play the second holding player and get forward enough to cause issues - Rice has shown he can do the same with Arsenal. And I think Foden has shown with City that he can play left of a three. My big issue with England is Kane. He is allowed to drop too deep because we don’t have a proper number 10 playing. Either he plays 10 and we put a CF like Toney / Watkins in, or we push Kane back into the number 9 role he plays for BM by putting someone like Palmer (who is an excellent player by the way) at 10 - playing Palmer at 10 is my option.
You just said you wish we had a manager interested in putting our best players in their best positions?

Then in the next post, you suggest moving out best player further back on the field so that f***ing Cole Palmer can play?

That's one hell of a take :lol:.

You just said you wish we had a manager interested in putting our best players in their best positions?

Then in the next post, you suggest moving out best player further back on the field so that f***ing Cole Palmer can play?

That's one hell of a take :lol:.
If you mean playing Bellingham as a box to box central midfield, then I’m pretty sure that’s where he has played all his career - that’s what I mean by holding midfielder getting forward. And if you have been watching Cole Palmer and don’t rate him, then I suggest you start watching a different sport.
You weren't watching the match then?
If you mean the Belgium game, then it’s not really relevant to my suggested team given that 5 of them didn’t play in it 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Back