Kiiiiiiiiiiiii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some well spotted and nicely weighted passes in the obligatory You Tube best moments. Not particularly pacey but a powerful runner with the ball. Looks composed, quick footed. A couple of neat interceptions. Nee goal threat but you could see him setting fire to Fletch. He'll dee for me. In fact he's already my favourite player.

For the benefit of our cerebrally challenged posters, I personally am not a great fan of Ki Sung-Yueng on the evidence of what I have seen, obviously the much more gullible of our posters are easily fed bullshit and take it all in hook line and sinker mainly based on the fact that Swansea paid £6M for him so he must be good.
We ourselves have squandered millions of pounds on players that turned out to be utter gash.
Oh I forgot, the Celtic fans love him, well wowee, I hadn't realised this was admissable as evidence of being a good player.

Well, I can see why some people would be underwhelmed, 5th choice midfielder at Swansea hardly sounds like the person to make our whole strategy come together

But, having watched the YouTube video (yes I know) he is at least exactly the right TYPE of player we need.

Looks like he makes the type of passes Altidore would thrive on.

It's a yes from me (based on YouTube video and nowt else)

Edit - oh and he's called Ki. That's got to be an omen after everything said about keys this summers.

Well, I can see why some people would be underwhelmed, 5th choice midfielder at Swansea hardly sounds like the person to make our whole strategy come together

But, having watched the YouTube video (yes I know) he is at least exactly the right TYPE of player we need.

Looks like he makes the type of passes Altidore would thrive on.

It's a yes from me (based on YouTube video and nowt else)

Edit - oh and he's called Ki. That's got to be an omen after everything said about keys this summers.
Agreed, he looks tidy on the ball and his passing quality is up there too.

And i just want to get KI S.Y. on the back of my shirt :lol::cool:

Very early days on this one but could be worth a punt on loan if as people have already stated there is an ageed fee at the end of it. Should Vaughan & one of JC, Gards or Catts go then i still see another centre midfielder brought in. Possibly this Norwegian lad some have been raving about. Point is at least we're addressing our problems & not just going through the window with our heads in the sand like the mags & Arsenal seem to be at least uptil this point anyway.

Was class at Celtic, not really fitted in Swansea's team.... Good player though

Better than Ji, and company for him if we don't get rid.

I personally still can't see Ji having the presence to make an impact in the premier and none of the Youtube videos of his time in Germany have convinced me otherwise. However, A Ki-Ji double act would give give them a chance of making it, and give us top billing in Seoul.

Looks class in the video mind.

If he is the player the scouts have chosen, then fair enough. Someone else said in the thread that if he played for a similar-level club in Germany or Italy, then people would be delighted, and I can't help think that that's true. People don't want to sign what they see as Swansea's cast-offs. But he is a talented player, looked good last season and because they've got Shelvey and De Guzman and Canas, as well as Britton, they have other midfield options. Maybe he wants to leave himself.

I would prefer us to sign him rather than a loan though.

One worry might be that he found it hard to get goals for Swansea, didn't score at all, although he scored a good bit for Celtic. He's certainly the "type" of player we need, and while he may not be brilliant, he's probably better than Larsson.

[DOUBLEPOST=1377189032][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and there's a good chance he'll be playing for Swansea tonight... if anyone who hasn't seen him wants to take a look at him. (Unless his head has been turned Cabaye-style)

For the benefit of our cerebrally challenged posters, I personally am not a great fan of Ki Sung-Yueng on the evidence of what I have seen, obviously the much more gullible of our posters are easily fed bullshit and take it all in hook line and sinker mainly based on the fact that Swansea paid £6M for him so he must be good.
We ourselves have squandered millions of pounds on players that turned out to be utter gash.
Oh I forgot, the Celtic fans love him, well wowee, I hadn't realised this was admissable as evidence of being a good player.

Well, you're much cleverer than everyone else aren't you?

Ki is a player of genuine quality. Are there people on this thread actually bitching and moaning? :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1377189409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some well spotted and nicely weighted passes in the obligatory You Tube best moments. Not particularly pacey but a powerful runner with the ball. Looks composed, quick footed. A couple of neat interceptions. Nee goal threat but you could see him setting fire to Fletch. He'll dee for me. In fact he's already my favourite player.

Very comfortable with either foot, too. You'd think half of our fans had been brought up watching Glenn Hoddle and Paul Scholes play for us. Then again, if they had they'd still probably moan about Hoddle's lack of heart and Scholes' lack of size.

You said he was shite at Celtic, you were talking shite

Ki is a player of genuine quality. Are there people on this thread actually bitching and moaning? :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1377189409][/DOUBLEPOST]

Very comfortable with either foot, too. You'd think half of our fans had been brought up watching Glenn Hoddle and Paul Scholes play for us. Then again, if they had they'd still probably moan about Hoddle's lack of heart and Scholes' lack of size.

hes essentially just been replaced in the swansea team by shelvey.....

what does that tell us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back