Kent vs Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's maybe a bit unfair on MacLeod but I can see him missing out against Kent to get Stokes back in, Durham looked a bowler short yesterday and the other alternative to MacLeod would be Stoneman based on recent form, however I can't see them leaving the captain out this early in the competition.

I give up trying to guess Durhams team selections. I'd probably bring him in for Borthwick in all honesty.

That said its criminal playing limited overs cricket with only one spinner these days.

I wonder who will be captain never mind playing ...... arriving in time for a couple of pints in local hostelries before hitting the ground. Could be an entertaining day all round ....

I wonder who will be captain never mind playing ...... arriving in time for a couple of pints in local hostelries before hitting the ground. Could be an entertaining day all round ....

where you going? old city, phoenix, bat and ball are the decent ones on the way up to the ground. i could be your guide if you want [any excuse for a bit of early drinking like :lol::lol:]

jennings would be the one making room for me, despite his decent knock. between him and muchall.

where you going? old city, phoenix, bat and ball are the decent ones on the way up to the ground. i could be your guide if you want [any excuse for a bit of early drinking like :lol::lol:]

jennings would be the one making room for me, despite his decent knock. between him and muchall.
Arriving at Canterbury West at 11:38 with me cousin and a mate, haven't worked out where we're drinking, but suspect an itinerary is being drafted as we type ..... we'll just wander from the station through the old City I suspect. Need to check out the GBG. Welcome to join in the fun if you're around.

For me it's got to be Mulchall ....

Arriving at Canterbury West at 11:38 with me cousin and a mate, haven't worked out where we're drinking, but suspect an itinerary is being drafted as we type ..... we'll just wander from the station through the old City I suspect. Need to check out the GBG. Welcome to join in the fun if you're around.

For me it's got to be Mulchall ....

just on the wrong side of the level cross to canterbury west is the unicorn, very canny little pub with decent landlord and good beers. from there the pickings are fairly slim along the highstreet, would take a bit of a detour to find other places, the bell and crown is good value for beer, craic and seats in the sunshine. depending on if you want a proper pub crawl up the high street or you just want to go to the best places on route i can either give you a decent run down of where is good or i'd just suggest the unicorn then all the way up the high street to the old city, i could meet you there as i live very close, then the phoenix and bat and ball are on the way up to the ground [about 5 minute walk from old city to the ground]

just on the wrong side of the level cross to canterbury west is the unicorn, very canny little pub with decent landlord and good beers. from there the pickings are fairly slim along the highstreet, would take a bit of a detour to find other places, the bell and crown is good value for beer, craic and seats in the sunshine. depending on if you want a proper pub crawl up the high street or you just want to go to the best places on route i can either give you a decent run down of where is good or i'd just suggest the unicorn then all the way up the high street to the old city, i could meet you there as i live very close, then the phoenix and bat and ball are on the way up to the ground [about 5 minute walk from old city to the ground]
We won't be doing too many, so got to be the best for beer, so looking like the Old City and probably one out of the Phoenix or Bat & Ball. Do you want to p me a contact number and we can sort out once we arrive?

We won't be doing too many, so got to be the best for beer, so looking like the Old City and probably one out of the Phoenix or Bat & Ball. Do you want to p me a contact number and we can sort out once we arrive?

aye, will do that. unicorn is the best for beer, the old city is a shep pub but they have thatchers on too [cider is my early drink of choice;)] and has a really nice beer garden and will be showing the test match. phoenix is supposed to be a great place for ales, has a good reputation but i don't go there alot as it is the wrong side of town for me, fairly sure it is independant. bat and ball is across the road from the ground and should be showing the cricket anarl, usually have 2 guest ales on [doom bar is pretty guaranteed to be on and possibly one other]

My mates sister went to Canterbury Uni and lived just round the corner from the Phoenix so we drank there quite a bit in the Seventies! It'll be good to go back there - always was an Independent Free House with a good reputation. Beer in the evening gives the Unicorn a good write up, but there's no entries since 2012! However, as there appears to be over 100 pubs in Canterbury we won't struggle to find a couple of decent ones.

It's maybe a bit unfair on MacLeod but I can see him missing out against Kent to get Stokes back in, Durham looked a bowler short yesterday and the other alternative to MacLeod would be Stoneman based on recent form, however I can't see them leaving the captain out this early in the competition.
I think it'll be Jennings who makes way-unfairly although on form it should be Scott or Rocky.

My mates sister went to Canterbury Uni and lived just round the corner from the Phoenix so we drank there quite a bit in the Seventies! It'll be good to go back there - always was an Independent Free House with a good reputation. Beer in the evening gives the Unicorn a good write up, but there's no entries since 2012! However, as there appears to be over 100 pubs in Canterbury we won't struggle to find a couple of decent ones.

i can confirm the unicorn is every bit as good now as it was in 2012. cannot confirm compared to the 70s mind. there are plenty of pubs aye but for decent ones with a selection of ales you're down to one hand, maybe two if im being generous.

I think it'll be Jennings who makes way-unfairly although on form it should be Scott or Rocky.

haway mate, this is the canterbury pub thread now, get your own ;)

i can confirm the unicorn is every bit as good now as it was in 2012. cannot confirm compared to the 70s mind. there are plenty of pubs aye but for decent ones with a selection of ales you're down to one hand, maybe two if im being generous.

haway mate, this is the canterbury pub thread now, get your own
;)
:lol::lol:

See you tomorrow then ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back