WAW Jordi Gomez is a Luxury Sunderland Cannot Afford

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTG

Following the announcement of the team news yesterday, one sentiment echoed around the Stadium of Light, how is Jordi Gomez getting a game? His performance, staggeringly, served to adjust opinion of him to an all-time low. His continued inclusion is bewildering.

More at Wearewearside...

A luxury we can't afford?!! FFS has whoever wrote this piece seen Gomez play? A feckin luxury.

I have heard it all now.

I completely agree with the article and personally believe the only luxury we should have is Johno and him playing the full 90. However I just wonder how much of Gomez's playing style is based on what Gus tells him because I see him as the player that apitimises his tactics

Other than the misplaced use of the word 'luxury', it's a good article.

Second half, about the hour mark, received the ball edge on the centre circle, Henderson approaching from 15 yards away, it was like watching slow notion as Gomez took 4 touches, heading on diagonal back towards out half, and then was invariably mugged.
Summed his performances up for me, might have technical ability to spare, but he is so slow in thought and deed it's wasted.

Edit: In fact I'd even say the goals he scored are when he gets time to pick and place, he's murder when he's closed down

Squad player who is playing far too often, but I'd like to think he was playing yesterday only due to injuries.
Still could of been subbed instead of Johnson. We were still in the game. If we had conceded a 2nd but were clearly going for an equaliser then some people would of accepted it.

We've needed a classy centre mid for years. That's what we need this window, not a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back