John Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great argument. Brilliant

Logon or register to see this image
He never got exposed at all last night he was pretty much in control along with Cahill.
The trouble when people judge Terry is that by many he's reviled, i'm not that keen on him myself and that effects their judgement of him as a player.
Was always a very good centre half and still is.

He never got exposed at all last night he was pretty much in control along with Cahill.
The trouble when people judge Terry is that by many he's reviled, i'm not that keen on him myself and that effects their judgement of him as a player.
Was always a very good centre half and still is.
Ah so the judgement on John Terry is only allowed on last night's game? Sorry, didn't realise. I was making comment on the gradual decline in his abilities over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Ah so the judgement on John Terry is only allowed on last night's game? Sorry, didn't realise. I was making comment on the gradual decline in his abilities over the last 3 or 4 seasons.
Sorry I don't see overwhelming evidence of a gradual decline.
When he comes back from injury like any other player he might struggle for a game or two, but this season with a run of games he seems to be as good as previous.

didn't watch last night or our game with them on Saturday but the impression I got from the game at the SOL was that the rest of the team were carrying 'JT' and 'Lamps' and they were getting their game due to them being the power in the dressing room. Certainly no one has ever denied that the senior players there got AVB sacked

He wasn't in a one on one situation against a player with genuine pace - he is still a v.good defender, but he would get creamed at international level, he knows this hence his retirement. Roy knows this, hence his lack of desire to recall him.
So the strike force of A. Madrid is not "international level"?

Sorry but :lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant player though.

:lol:

Hes useless
Watch how many goals Chelsea & England concede from set peices mainly down to him
Conceded against Jozy Altidore.

When he comes back from injury like any other player he might struggle for a game or two, but this season with a run of games he seems to be as good as previous.

That's because he's been crap for years.

John Terry is good at strolling about the pitch like he owns the place, stroking the ball about whilst in 20 yards of space. Space afforded to him by a fearful opposition, and a decent midfield in front of him. He's also good at attacking the ball in the opponent's box. You can't deny him that. He also hoys himself into last ditch blocks and will put his body on the line, so the red blooded male thinks he's bloody wonderful.

He's never been comfortable with anybody giving him a game though. He's been lucky to have played in sides with Cech behind him, Ashley Cole to his left (bailed him big style in the World Cup against Ecuador), Carvalho (the centre half Mourinho truly valued) and now Cahill to his right, and the likes of Makele in front.

Last edited:
I got some stick yesterday for criticising the great 'JT' :lol:

Aside from him being a twat of almost biblical proportions, I think that his star has been fading for the past two or three seasons.

He has many good qualities as a defender, but the one that has deserted him over recent years is pace. This isn't a problem when playing for Chelsea, as their defence is never put under too much pressure, either by the quality of teams they are playing or by the way they have been set up in the past with a 'holding midfielder' protecting the back four (although I havent seen too much of Chelsea this season, from the personnel they are using this might not be the case) His talents suit Chelsea, he is big and strong, good in the air and at defending (and attacking) set pieces - the one area where teams can get at Chelsea, plus he reads the game well (which has helped his lack off pace) and he's exceptional at cheating and conning the referee.

If Terry played for an 'ordinary' team who's defence were put under pressure on a regular basis I think you'd see a fairly ordinary player in some respects.

And I think this is one of the main reasons for his international 'retirement' England do not dominate games the way Chelsea do so the back four is more exposed, therefore he gets the opposition running at him. There were games before he wrapped in where he got tortured a couple of times at the back, which I think facilitated his self imposed international exile.

John Terry is good at strolling about the pitch like he owns the place, stroking the ball about whilst in 20 yards of space. Space afforded to him by a fearful opposition, and a decent midfield in front of him. He's also good at attacking the ball in the opponent's box. You can't deny him that. He also hoys himself into last ditch blocks and will put his body on the line, so the red blooded male thinks he's bloody wonderful.

He's never been comfortable with anybody giving him a game though. He's been lucky to have played in sides with Cech behind him, Ashley Cole to his left (bailed him big style in the World Cup against Ecuador), Carvalho (the centre half Mourinho truly valued) and now Cahill to his right, and the likes of Makele in front.

Good post, I didn't see this whilst I was composing my own JT diatribe.

Couldn't have put it better myself, except I probably did. ;)

Last edited:
So the strike force of A. Madrid is not "international level"?

Sorry but :lol::lol::lol:
How many caps does Costa have?

He's had a good season, no disputing that. He is not the player he was a few years back. It's not an anti-terry agenda, he just installed good enough for International football.

Sorry like, but you haven't got a f***ing clue.

How many caps does Costa have?
He has fallen out of favor with the Brazilian football federation, that's why he hasn't won more caps.... He's an absolute beast! Scored more goals than Messi this season and the top striker of the club currently topping the table in Spain....

Not recognising Diego Costa as a top international striker proves that you know absolutely nothing about international football....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back