Jimmy Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate some people get terminal cancer in their 20s and 30's and have to leave behind young children etc after a long painful illness. The average age of death in this country for men is a lot lower than 87 too.

I'm not saying it's a nice way to die, but unless you get shot in the head or die instantly in a car crash etc then there really is no nice way to die. If I was given the opportunity to live to 87 with the condition I'd get Alzheimers then I'd take it in a heartbeat.

That wasn't what I was trying to get over to you. Alzheimers doesn't just appear one day..... & dying of alzheimers, quickly (if it happens to me), after watching two relatives suffer for years, would be a kindness. Couldn't care less about Jimmy Hill like but wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Their true feelings? I'm pretty sure that most people's opinion is that Jimmy Hill was a bit of a twat in football terms but he's dead now and has died of a horrible illness, which kind of trumps the football aspect about a hunded fold.

As I've said, people are free to do what they like. But disrespecting a dead man during the minute's silence towards him is poor, especially since it was just a football related incident that made him disliked. Just be somewhere else if it bothers you that much.
Yes, but we're talking about a minutes silence at a football ground, not his graveside or hospital which is a totally different matter.
I won't be going out of my way to disrespect Hill, he'll be coming to me.
People are forcing Hill in front of people who either don't want to respect him or actively want to disrespect him for what he did in football terms.

If they want to have a minutes silence, have it away from the SOL.

Yes, but we're talking about a minutes silence at a football ground, not his graveside or hospital which is a totally different matter.
People are forcing Hill in front of people who either don't want to respect him or actively want to disrespect him for what he did in football terms.

But if it's away from the cameras, and without an audience, how can they show everyone what wonderful caring intelligent people they are?

Their true feelings? I'm pretty sure that most people's opinion is that Jimmy Hill was a bit of a twat in football terms but he's dead now and has died of a horrible illness, which kind of trumps the football aspect about a hunded fold.

As I've said, people are free to do what they like. But disrespecting a dead man during the minute's silence towards him is poor, especially since it was just a football related incident that made him disliked. Just be somewhere else if it bothers you that much.
The reason he'd get a minute's silence would be football related though.

You said he'd die of Alzheimer's ........ I take it you've no idea what you're talking about :lol:

"Although one does not die of Alzheimer's disease, during the course of the disease, the body's defense mechanisms ultimately weaken, increasing susceptibility to catastrophic infection and other causes of death related to frailty."
Exactly.
It took my mother 12 years to die from Alzheimers. I had to watch her slowly turn into the shell of the mother I knew. For many of those years she knew what was happening, but could do nothing about it, till eventually in the last 5 years she did not know anyone, could not speak, had to be fed, could not walk and, doubly incontinent and wasted away to 4 stone,
I would not wish that on anyone.

Didn't like the smug twat and wasn't impressed after the goodison game , to say the least.
Can't believe he did anything that would warrant 1 seconds respect at our stadium

This Jimmy hill thing was before my time, I was born in 73, I know my father hates him, I will tell him tomorrow that chinny has forgotten everything, it will be interesting what he says as he has been through the wars himself. He hates Coventry as well.

@SKP130 didn't say alzheimer's isn't a terrible disease, he didn't say it won't be awful for Jimmy Hill's family. He just said 'no tears shed here'. Should he shed some tears......????

@SKP130 didn't say alzheimer's isn't a terrible disease, he didn't say it won't be awful for Jimmy Hill's family. He just said 'no tears shed here'. Should he shed some tears......????

Only if he's being watched ......... it's a waste of a teddy bear if you place it when no one's looking.

You said he'd die of Alzheimer's ........ I take it you've no idea what you're talking about :lol:

"Although one does not die of Alzheimer's disease, during the course of the disease, the body's defense mechanisms ultimately weaken, increasing susceptibility to catastrophic infection and other causes of death related to frailty."

You're being deliberately awkward and it's doing you no favours.

Guns and bullets don't kill people, going into cardiac arrest does!

So you wouldn't do it at his funeral or graveside, but you'll do it publicly at a football ground when representing SAFC in front of potentially millions of people? They're not 'forcing' anything, you don't have to be there.

Last edited:
I wouldn't wish an awful illness on him, but because he has an awful illness I'm not going to apologise for the fact I dislike him..a lot.

This really. A minute's silence is for someone who deserves respect, while i wouldn't wish dementia on anyone and feel sorry for his family i don't respect him and never will.

So you wouldn't do it at his funeral or graveside, but you'll do it publicly at a football ground when representing SAFC in front of potentially millions of people? They're not 'forcing' anything, you don't have to be there.
Very kind of you :lol:

I wouldn't be at his funeral or graveside, it's nothing to do with me. That is a private matter.

I've been going to the match for years which is a public matter, and being brutal, nothing to do with Hill. I don't represent SAFC, i represent myself. I've got my own set of values that i'm happy to live by.
Should i not go to the game because someone wants to put on a show of mourning/false mourning?
The club aren't forcing me to do anything, they're putting something before me that i and many others are perfectly entitled to make our own decision on.

When the whistle starts let each of the 40,000 do what they wish. I won't be silenced by anyone, but i won't impede anyone else's right either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back