Jay Matete returns to SAFC

Kristjaan Speakman said: “Jay has had to navigate a really challenging season and after working hard to return to fitness in December, this news comes as a disappointing blow. After assessing his injury earlier this week, we had an honest conversation and agreed that immediate surgery provides the best long-term outlook for his progression. It is a testament to Jay’s character that he is already focussed on returning ahead of pre-season and making an impact, and we look forward to supporting him fully in that process.”

Interesting this and becoming a recurring theme.
It's almost as if the data, whilst being good at showing passes, movement, distance covered, assists, defensive tracking back, ball carrying forward stats and the like, is completely unable to demonstrate physical resilience. Not surprising really bearing in mind the youthful nature of the subjects.
Wouldn't be a problem with more experienced and seasoned players though who have a track record in this regard.
Just saying.....

Interesting this and becoming a recurring theme.
It's almost as if the data, whilst being good at showing passes, movement, distance covered, assists, defensive tracking back, ball carrying forward stats and the like, is completely unable to demonstrate physical resilience. Not surprising really bearing in mind the youthful nature of the subjects.
Wouldn't be a problem with more experienced and seasoned players though who have a track record in this regard.
Just saying.....
Noticed a quote from farke earlier relating to Leeds injury problems saying we need to have an investigation into so many injuries, Frank at Brentford was saying the same. Wonder if we'll be doing that because we need to.

Our medical team aren’t fit for purpose :evil:

He’s obviously out on loan
Matete gets injured training/playing with Oxford but it's the fault of our medical team? Don't be so ridiculous! All teams have injury problems with most injuries caused in-game Just look at Liverpool and the Mags as examples of other injury-hit squads this season. Doh-boy.

Last edited:
Might want to look at white text.
The white text makes no difference to the point I was making. I didn't see it when I first responded as my eyesight is poor without specs. If Doeboy thinks he's been clever by adding that he can feck off. I've had a shite day today with the Tom Lynn news & need to come off here 😵‍💫.

Matete gets injured training/playing with Oxford but it's the fault of our medical team? Don't be so ridiculous! All teams have injury problems with most injuries caused in-game Just look at Liverpool and the Mags as examples of other injury-hit squads this season. Doh-boy.
Are you serious?

Back