January 29th live footy on tv

Just back in from leg adventures. Well it washed the cobwebs off :eek: Relentless lashy rain 😖
Finally getting round to waxing my coat was a job worth doing mind. Half the battle is keeping the wind and rain out 👌
Great that you've enjoyed ATS birthday Hank 😆
Won't have a smart meter @Mk Mackem - I refuse to be replaced by a machine (like Victor Meldrew) 😂
🤣 🤣🤣...

I've no choice, I can get overnight electricity with Octopus for 8p per unit at night instead of approx 27p during the day. Her indoors can set the car, washing machine and dish washer to start at midnight when the cheap electricity is available but you have to have a smart meter. Those costs are due to go down in April when Martin Lewis thinks the costs will be 20% cheaper

Afternoon Hank, Becs, Vic, T, TVM, Wakey, KK, macum and a huge Happy Birthday to ATS, hope you have a great day.
Can’t contact any one because my mail box is full and I don’t know how to empty it!

Evening marra. If you go into your conversations, there'll be a tick box next to each one. Tick the finished conversations and you'll get an "actions" box pop up at the bottom. Select leave conversation and that will clear some space.

Thanks mate. The Colluseum and Trevi Fountain are both on my list of things to see along with the Vatican City, St Peters Basilica, Pantheon and the Spanish Steps.

Evening marra. I've been to all of those and enjoyed them.

If you like baths, the Baths of Caracalla were stunning. They're just outside the city centre. It's walkable if you feel fit or you can get a bus.

Find places to eat down back streets where the locals go to eat rather than eating at the touristy places. It's cheaper and better quality food. Ate at one that looked naff from the outside with plastic vines hanging everywhere and plastic gingham tablecloths. What lovely people though and the food was outstanding. The chef came out to say hello and thank us for coming. When we left, they were hugging us as if we were their best friends! It was class.

Take sports bottles as there are drinking fountains all over the place where you can refill them. The water is very clean and safe to drink and there's no need to buy bottled water.

If you like baths, the Baths of Caracalla were stunning. They're just outside the city centre. It's walkable if you feel fit or you can get a bus.

Find places to eat down back streets where the locals go to eat rather than eating at the touristy places. It's cheaper and better quality food. Ate at one that looked naff from the outside with plastic vines hanging everywhere and plastic gingham tablecloths. What lovely people though and the food was outstanding. The chef came out to say hello and thank us for coming. When we left, they were hugging us as if we were their best friends! It was class.

Take sports bottles as there are drinking fountains all over the place where you can refill them. The water is very clean and safe to drink and there's no need to buy bottled water.
Thanks for the advice Becs, I love my food so those tips regarding eateries will be invaluable. We are due to arrive midmorning on Friday and fly back to Blighty on Monday lunchtime so hopefully we'll have sufficient time to do and see everything we want to as well as watching the rugby.

Fab advice @Becs we found the back street cafes and bars much better (& cheaper) love Rome, can’t wait to go again 👍

I discovered Aperol Spritz there before it became more popular here. I thought it was weird as we went in a cafe/bar and it looked like everyone was drinking Irn Bru 😂 Asked what it was and ordered one. Loved it 😎
That’s what we had in the bar at the top of the Spanish Steps, never had it before but it was worthy of the place and the right drink for the setting 👍👍

Back