Is there any sport that women are better at than men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking there's no reason why curling, bowling and bowls should be segregated, although you could argue they aren't real sports!

I was just thinking there's no reason why curling, bowling and bowls should be segregated, although you could argue they aren't real sports!

and darts, wasn't there a woman pitcher at baseball one time?

Jesus f***ing christ, there is no way woman can compete with men at gymnastics, ice skating our bloody diving. Each one of those requires a huge amount of explosive power with gymnastics being the biggest joke of a claim. There is a reason male gymnasts are built like brick shit houses

Logon or register to see this image

I'm guessing you know naff all about motorsport to try and claim women should be able to compete with men in it. A formula one driver has a resting heart rate of around 40bpm, during a race it beats along at around 180 - 200bpm, a marathon runner may reach that high but only towards the end of a race. The drivers head and helmet weighs around 6 kilo and during a race they hit 4 G's quite regularly meaning they are lifting sideways a weight of 24 kilo's for nearly two hours with their neck muscles. The fitness levels required of an F1 driver is higher than that of professional footballers and they are leaner than athletes. Sure other motorsports aren't as demanding but they still require large amounts of fitness

You realise how G Force works, right? It relative to the mass of the person on which the force is applied.

So someone with a mass of 10 stone will feel half as much force as someone of 20 stone.

That said, perhaps F1 I'll give you - but karting? Touring cars?

You realise how G Force works, right? It relative to the mass of the person on which the force is applied.

So someone with a mass of 10 stone will feel half as much force as someone of 20 stone.

That said, perhaps F1 I'll give you - but karting? Touring cars?

Karting shouldn't cause too many problems physically, touring cars probably would.

With regards tio the forces placed on a drivers neck I was just going by what this Dr from the Italian sports clinic stated
http://www.f1technical.net/articles/1125

Oh and the neck muscles are trying to hold the drivers head in place which is why it is relevant to the weight of his head and helmut and not the rest of his body

Last edited:
Oh and the neck muscles are trying to hold the drivers head in place which is why it is relevant to the weight of his head and helmut and not the rest of his body

This is this bit why I gave in on the F1-type racing. Its true.

But slower cars, there's no reason - touring cars are fine for either sex to drive. There have been (might still be) wimmin racing them.

Isn't there on in DTM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back