If we beat boro...

He should have had the benefit of the doubt when he came in, you can't judge a manager, or player for that fact, as quickly as we have done with Beale. Add in the fact he has won a few games too, I cannot understand all the vitriol aimed at him.

Just because he is a bit of a twonk in interviews and came 2nd in a two horse race in Scotland doesn't necessarily make him a bad manager.

Surely you can see that we are trying to implement a new way of playing mid season and it’s going to be a bit clunky until they find their confidence with, which started to flow in second half.
We could have been two up by the time they had a chance.
The thing that was shit in first half was both teams ability to take chances. Other than that there was promising signs from both sides.
We found our rhythm they didn’t.
Question is have Boro seen the different set up, is it easy to counteract
It’s not really a new way though is it. It’s us trying to do the things we were doing before we turned into slow sideways and backwards merchants. Playing 2 passes instead of 7 or 8, the high press returned in patches also. There was a stat on here about the pass percentages we played and the long ball stat was up. Doesn’t mean we are suddenly long ball merchants, we were just so much quicker getting it into areas that can hurt the opposition. It got the likes of Clarke and Ba one on one with their fullbacks for the first time in months instead of over playing it and letting teams re group and our wide players facing a wall of 3 or 4.

It’s not really a new way though is it. It’s us trying to do the things we were doing before we turned into slow sideways and backwards merchants. Playing 2 passes instead of 7 or 8, the high press returned in patches also. There was a stat on here about the pass percentages we played and the long ball stat was up. Doesn’t mean we are suddenly long ball merchants, we were just so much quicker getting it into areas that can hurt the opposition. It got the likes of Clarke and Ba one on one with their fullbacks for the first time in months instead of over playing it and letting teams re group and our wide players facing a wall of 3 or 4.

We were trying to pass through the channels which engaged the striker far more … that’s a massive change on before, when we always went wide.

Is he definitely banned? There seemed to be some debate yesterday

Most saying on here he isnt banned. If so someone needs to tell frankie and danny :lol:

I think the problem came earlier in the season, the ref gave a yellow out to one of the players but it wasnt clear who he gave it to.

Last edited:
He should have had the benefit of the doubt when he came in, you can't judge a manager, or player for that fact, as quickly as we have done with Beale. Add in the fact he has won a few games too, I cannot understand all the vitriol aimed at him.

Just because he is a bit of a twonk in interviews and came 2nd in a two horse race in Scotland doesn't necessarily make him a bad manager.
KLD/Speakman took the piss for the 3rd time when appointing a manager. Leaking stories to the press just like they did with Keane. They raised the fans expectations that we were going to show some ambition by appointing a well respected up and coming coach. Then we the fans bought the bullshit (again) and we got Beale. Unlike TM & AN there is literally nothing to buy into with this cheap and out of work no mark. Now I think the personal abuse he gets is out of order, however i think he is a shit manager and his appointment is Wilkinson mk2. The anger I feel isn’t really towards him. It’s KLD and Speakman for bullshitting again.

Think West Brom fans mentioned this re: TM.

He had a tendancy to change from quick, entertaining, counter-attacking football (which worked), to slow, tedious and uninspiring posession based football (which didn't work). In line with him changing his tactics, their form also dipped, like ours did. Not sure at all why he does it, because some of our football under him was excellent at times.

Beale has done absolutely fuck all to rectify the football that got Mowbray sacked, other than the first half vs Preston and the Stoke game on Saturday imo, which is worrying. Hope and pray he's on to something now though, although it's probably wishful thinking.

@Boinger will naturally be able to tell you whether I've just imagined the above about Mowbray at WBA.

Last edited:
We were trying to pass through the channels which engaged the striker far more … that’s a massive change on before, when we always went wide.
We went wide a lot on Saturday. Both Ba and Clarke had really good games. Amazing what happens when the ball gets moved quickly. Have hated watching us lately. It’s been like watching paint dry. Stoke are poor and a better side could have punished us. It was a step in the right direction though and I just hope he has the bottle to stick with what we seen on Saturday.
Think West Brom fans mentioned this re: TM.

He had a tendancy to change from quick, entertaining, counter-attacking football (which worked), to slow, tedious and uninspiring posession based football (which didn't work). In line with him changing his tactics, their form also dipped, like ours did. Not sure at all why he does it, because some of our football under him was excellent at times.

Beale has done absolutely fuck all to rectify the football that got Mowbray sacked, other than the first half vs Preston and the Stoke game on Saturday imo, which is worrying. Hope and pray he's on to something now though, although it's probably wishful thinking.

@Boinger will naturally be able to tell you whether I've just imagined the above about Mowbray at WBA.
IMO the change under TM is down to the lack of a focal point up front. It’s been so long since we had that out ball we had to play through teams all the time and it became the norm.

Last edited:

There was at least 4 occasions in the first half where we won the ball I midfield and stokes defensive line was high, burstow was making a great run into the space and the ball Never came

If we play like we did on Saturday and go wide, we will get a lot of luck as that left back for burra is absolutely gash. Ba will murder him. That being said Stoke had two or three really good chances before we scored and took control of the game.

Could see this one being a high scoring draw, because both defences are crap.

Finished 3rd IIRC.

There was at least 4 occasions in the first half where we won the ball I midfield and stokes defensive line was high, burstow was making a great run into the space and the ball Never came

Indeed, but that in itself is new. Hopefully in near future they see that run

Well, the twice Boro won over the last couple of seasons, Jones was playing on the right, he has a lot of energy getting up and down and is very quick over 10 yards.
(i don't think i have ever seen anyone go past him) in both games Boro won, he doubled up on Clarke picking the inside and often dropping behind, Clarke hardly got a kick!
But he is injured for the next 6 weeks with a hamstring pull and i think that might be were the game is won and lost?.
Also Boros forward line is completely depleted, struggled to score against Rotherham.
Sunderland are due a win.

Back