If England dont win the Euros

..................................Pickford..........................
..................Walker........McGuire.....Dunk...............
..................................Stones.......................
............Foden.....Mainoo.........Bellingham.....Maddison
............................Kane.........Toney....................

Grealish
Watkins
Rice
Brathwaite
Sahka

Attack, attack, attack.

Butchered

No one has since 66.
Success is to win tournaments.
Are we saying he is successful because he is less shit than the previous managers?
Do you think every manager England has ever had bar one is shit because we haven't won a major tournament? Do you think Venables was a shit manager for England?

Do you think every manager England has ever had bar one is shit because we haven't won a major tournament? Do you think Venables was a shit manager for England?
No I don't but I also don't celebrate failure.
Jack Ross got us to Wembley twice in a season.

Last edited:
Did you spend you time slagging off Venables, Robson etc to the same extent as you slag off Southgate who has outperformed them both? If not, why not?
Fucks sake man.
You're going back 20 to 30 years here man and I wouldnt say they were a success either

Last edited:
Venables was loved and regarded as a success, his one tournament in charge is looked back with great fondness by a lot of fans. Ultimately, he failed miserably though.

The quality of sides at Euro 96 was poor, only France and Holland had decent squads but both self-imploded before the tournament and turned into a total mess, it was the easiest tournament to win in my lifetime, yet he failed to get past the semis. Truth be told we should have been out in the second round if the officials had done their job against Spain. This was with a better team and squad of players available than Southgate has ever had, world class experienced pros, as opposed to promising, inconsistent youngsters.

Southgate’s team did better, in a tougher tournament with an inferior squad.

Venables was loved and regarded as a success, his one tournament in charge is looked back with great fondness by a lot of fans. Ultimately, he failed miserably though.

The quality of sides at Euro 96 was poor, only France and Holland had decent squads but both self-imploded before the tournament and turned into a total mess, it was the easiest tournament to win in my lifetime, yet he failed to get past the semis. Truth be told we should have been out in the second round if the officials had done their job against Spain. This was with a better team and squad of players available than Southgate has ever had, world class experienced pros, as opposed to promising, inconsistent youngsters.

100% nailed it

It’s not that clear cut. Boxing Day Test against India or England still draws in 80,000+ As do international tournaments. The IPL certainly isn’t “the best games” either, T20 is shite
Like it or loathe it, the IPL is now the pinnacle for cricketers (apart from a few who still prefer test cricket - mostly because they aren’t good enough at the short form stuff to get the big money franchise deals). The viewing figures for IPL games are higher both in person and on TV than test matches. You mention the Boxing Day Aus v Eng test match drawing 80,000+ but that’s the biggest test match there is every 4 years - while there were 92,000+ at todays random IPL fixture.

Like it or loathe it, the IPL is now the pinnacle for cricketers (apart from a few who still prefer test cricket - mostly because they aren’t good enough at the short form stuff to get the big money franchise deals). The viewing figures for IPL games are higher both in person and on TV than test matches. You mention the Boxing Day Aus v Eng test match drawing 80,000+ but that’s the biggest test match there is every 4 years - while there were 92,000+ at todays random IPL fixture.
All of India’s best players play Test Cricket. Same with Australia, England and NZ. The T20 World Cup pits the best against the best, the IPL has home grown rules and tbh some pretty average cricketers in it.

Last edited:
England have the players to win the euros.
So do France
Portugal Germany Spain and Italy have good players that on any given day could beat us or France.

We need luck and belief within the squad that we will win.
In the big moments we need to take the opportunities when they come up.

We’ve got as good a chance as anyone to win it.

Southgate needs to change his mentality in the big moments of big games and then see where that takes us.

If we don’t win it though Southgate will rightly be gone.

All of India’s best players play Test Cricket. Same with Australia, England and NZ. The T20 World Cup pits the best against the best, the IPL has home grown rules and tbh some pretty average cricketers in it.
They don’t and it doesn’t. There are more average cricketers played in the last T20 WC than the IPL. I’m a big fan of test cricket, more so than the IPL, and you’re entitled to your opinion, I just don’t agree with you on this. Kids growing want to play in the IPL, not test matches… sadly.
Oh ffs not the IPL debate on here as well!
🤣🤣🤣

Yep

I’m not a big fan of Southgate but I can also see he’s done a good job with the players he has.

We have a good squad but there’s always been at least one team with a better squad. This time it remains France.

I don’t think we’re favourites at all.

Or mine. I thought success was actually winning something.
Not necessarily, as success is relative. If Sunderland were to come 8th in the PL in 2 years time you would say the season’s been a success. If we reached the FA Cup final but lost to Man City, you would say that season’s cup campaign had been a success. If Luton manage to stay up this season then it’s been an overwhelming success. Success for the likes of City and Liverpool are actually winning things yes, success for other clubs is meeting or exceeding their aims for that particular season.

Not necessarily, as success is relative. If Sunderland were to come 8th in the PL in 2 years time you would say the season’s been a success. If we reached the FA Cup final but lost to Man City, you would say that season’s cup campaign had been a success. If Luton manage to stay up this season then it’s been an overwhelming success. Success for the likes of City and Liverpool are actually winning things yes, success for other clubs is meeting or exceeding their aims for that particular season.
Exactly, in Englands case it’s winning competitions.

That’s a bit like our tenure in the prem league , three 9th place finishes and an FA Cup Final in 2011 against Man City, Europe as well and beating Liverpool 6-1 was a highlight
Fast forward the last 7 years and we’ve been absolutely dog 💩, and a million miles from reaching those heights again 😩

Back