How come Hull players and fans are celebrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players could give their shirts to the fans that turned up and still have kit left over. Embarrassing display for a Wembley final, yet it's a guarantee that their fans will suddenly reappear now they've been promoted. Plastics of the f***ing worst kind.
Is this topical ?? Couldn't you have posted this in the match thread
What an attention seeking arsehole you are !

Despite the poor turnout, they still had more there today than they will average next season.
Plastics would be more appropriate for the 20k plus Sheff Wed fans who probably haven't bothered for the last 15 years.

Wednesday have not had an average above 30k since the 60´s.. Not sure why everyone assumes that there´s that many Wednesday fans really

The players could give their shirts to the fans that turned up and still have kit left over. Embarrassing display for a Wembley final, yet it's a guarantee that their fans will suddenly reappear now they've been promoted. Plastics of the f***ing worst kind.

I have returned. Well, more correctly Hull City have returned. Anyway back to replying to your post.

The present owners have pissed off just about everyone they have had dealings with. Sacked a local hero,Nick Barmby, conducted a front page spat with the council over the expansion of the KC Stadium (council built and paid for and leased to the club), pissed off the traditionalist, the non-plastics in your terminology, with a ridiculous name change, and further pissed off the FA by appealing against their "nay" decision. Not bad for four years work. The crowning turd in the shit heap is the removal of ALL concessions for next years seat prices, including season ticket sales. I have been staggered by the stay away numbers as we pushed to cement at least a qualifying spot for promotion via the play offs.

Also, Hull shares the sporting public's money with two professional Rugby League clubs. One played at home today to stay top of that particular league, the other was an opportunity to sun yourself in warmer climbs for an away game at Catalans. An added complication was the planned Bank Holiday Network Rail repairs that meant no train service returning after the late finishing game at Wembley.

And finally, another possible reason for the low attendance is this was our fourth appearance at Wembley in 8 years. For some the novelty may have just worn off.

No match against Rafa and Europe's finest for them next season :)

Was in York and Thirsk yesterday...saw loads of Hull RL shirts in York, and Thirsk was chocka with red'n'white stripes (easily more SAFC than any other code of football)...maybe the catchment areas make this a derby most up here didn't realise?

BTW the only colours that MAY have outnumbered Hull were on display by glory hunting mutants. Saw more smoggie shirts in York than I've seen in Boro for years.

Hull are the ultimate yoyo side

TBH that used to be West Brom

Isn't Hull actually bigger than Sunderland? So why can't the get even two thirds of our crowd?

I have returned. Well, more correctly Hull City have returned. Anyway back to replying to your post.

The present owners have pissed off just about everyone they have had dealings with. Sacked a local hero,Nick Barmby, conducted a front page spat with the council over the expansion of the KC Stadium (council built and paid for and leased to the club), pissed off the traditionalist, the non-plastics in your terminology, with a ridiculous name change, and further pissed off the FA by appealing against their "nay" decision. Not bad for four years work. The crowning turd in the shit heap is the removal of ALL concessions for next years seat prices, including season ticket sales. I have been staggered by the stay away numbers as we pushed to cement at least a qualifying spot for promotion via the play offs.

Also, Hull shares the sporting public's money with two professional Rugby League clubs. One played at home today to stay top of that particular league, the other was an opportunity to sun yourself in warmer climbs for an away game at Catalans. An added complication was the planned Bank Holiday Network Rail repairs that meant no train service returning after the late finishing game at Wembley.

And finally, another possible reason for the low attendance is this was our fourth appearance at Wembley in 8 years. For some the novelty may have just worn off.

I think the question about your attendances is a rhetorical one.

That aside I'm pretty sure that almost none of your reasons presented actually account for one or two thousand fans choosing to do something else.

Yes, what the poster above said.
There have been "red card" protests (all the fans carried anA4 sized red card and brandished it at the directors box) during the last few games. Some fans found that there season ticket price had DOUBLED. Kids having to pay FULL PRICE and Pensioners got NO CONCESSION on their tickets. My 2 sons, 2 grandsons and 1 great grandson (living in Hull) have not renewed their season passes this year. The fact that the owners failed in their bid to rename the Club "Hull Tigers" prompted one supporter (who was fed up with Steve Bruce's possession style sideways football) to rename the Club "Hull Crabs"!
By far the majority are decent loyal fans but they have been treated like sh!te.

Yes, what the poster above said.
There have been "red card" protests (all the fans carried anA4 sized red card and brandished it at the directors box) during the last few games. Some fans found that there season ticket price had DOUBLED. Kids having to pay FULL PRICE and Pensioners got NO CONCESSION on their tickets. My 2 sons, 2 grandsons and 1 great grandson (living in Hull) have not renewed their season passes this year. The fact that the owners failed in their bid to rename the Club "Hull Tigers" prompted one supporter (who was fed up with Steve Bruce's possession style sideways football) to rename the Club "Hull Crabs"!
By far the majority are decent loyal fans but they have been treated like sh!te.

And yet some of our supporters criticise Ellis Short

They are probably celebrating not having to suffer a hammering by the most successful team in Europe

Last edited:
So this was the best year to lose the play off final?

Utterly pathetic excuses. Your support is an abortion, along with that mauled by the tigers shit. Just pathetic.

They'll recruit some good players, make a decent start and then tail off when it transpires (again) that Bruce isn't actually very good at managing.

Is this topical ?? Couldn't you have posted this in the match thread
What an attention seeking arsehole you are !

I did post it in the appropriate thread, though. That's why I didn't start a new one.
I'm sure you'll learn the basics of how an Internet forum works eventually, but for now you should probably just watch and see how the adults do it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back