Health Benefit Tourism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely illegal. Possible genuine. Discuss.
Well illegal immigrants are illegal, so if found, then they can surely be deported. Legal immigrants have probably jumped a lot of hoops to get here anyway, so if they become ill I guess they should have access to our NHS. Maybe in these times of austerity they could be required to pay ( nominally at least) for the first few years perhaps.

I don't think "health tourism" actually costs the country a lot.
(Where people come here ill and then use our health service)

Death penalty is too good for 'em. Send them all back. That's what I say.

Well illegal immigrants are illegal, so if found, then they can surely be deported. Legal immigrants have probably jumped a lot of hoops to get here anyway, so if they become ill I guess they should have access to our NHS. Maybe in these times of austerity they could be required to pay ( nominally at least) for the first few years perhaps.

I don't think "health tourism" actually costs the country a lot.
(Where people come here ill and then use our health service)
Apparently not.

http://gu.com/p/4gqk8?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

W
Well reading that, it seems there has been some common sense shown. It appears she is an illegal immigrant but has some connection by being born under the flag and having a husband who served in the forces. The dates seem a bit out, but I guess her husband must have been the best part of thirty years older than her.

Anyway that is a one off story where perhaps compassion could be shown. Illegals on the whole should probably be deported.

Immigrants who've paid no NI coming over here and getting healthcare on the NHS. We shouldn't tolerate it, and we should send them back.

It should take something like 5 years NI contributions out of the past 7 years (from leaving full time education up to retirement age) before anyone (including UK citizens) qualifies to have free access to the NHS.

Less than that should be calculated on a sliding scale.

Maybe in these times of austerity they could be required to pay ( nominally at least) for the first few years perhaps.

Current immigrants pay an annual NHS charge until they're permanent residents.

It should take something like 5 years NI contributions out of the past 7 years (from leaving full time education up to retirement age) before anyone (including UK citizens) qualifies to have free access to the NHS.

What happens to those who don't have that?

W

Well reading that, it seems there has been some common sense shown. It appears she is an illegal immigrant but has some connection by being born under the flag and having a husband who served in the forces. The dates seem a bit out, but I guess her husband must have been the best part of thirty years older than her.

Anyway that is a one off story where perhaps compassion could be shown. Illegals on the whole should probably be deported.
What does "being born under the flag" even mean? She's South African.

Why should we show her compassion, rather than say, the 13 year old Refugee who hasn't done anything illegal?

So school teachers for the first five years of their career can not use the NHS with out paying for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back