Harmison told Richardson to leave DCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If;

"Ben Harmison, Kyle Coetzer, Will Gidman and Mitch Claydon have had great careers elsewhere" - Only Gidman has done "great" in my opinion.

I wonder how he would describe the careers of Sachin, Lara, Jayawardene etc...

aye, but we're talking amongst ourselves, not spewing it to public media and potentially affecting the real world - darren bent a case in point.

He's said it after contract has been signed. Fair enough.

Not a fan Harmison especially but people are desperate to give him a kicking on here

Harmy was once a great bowler but he gave the impression towards the end that he couldn't be arsed which has damaged his reputation. With the right attitude he could have been considered a Durham legend.

He talks a lot of sense about cricket most of the time but his comments about telling Richo to find another club have rubbed people up the wrong way again.

I applaud him for speaking his mind but some things are probably best left in the dressing room.

Harmy was once a great bowler but he gave the impression towards the end that he couldn't be arsed which has damaged his reputation. With the right attitude he could have been considered a Durham legend.

He talks a lot of sense about cricket most of the time but his comments about telling Richo to find another club have rubbed people up the wrong way again.

I applaud him for speaking his mind but some things are probably best left in the dressing room.
And yet Roy Keane is applauded for being a gobshite.

Go figure

Bit of a kicking?

What's he said, apart from the two comments referred to on here?

He was very critical in the Northern Echo of the club releasing his brother. Bearing in mind the club were paying him a fortune, he shouldn't be publically speaking about the club like that especially in the media.

Why not? Is he still contracted with Durham? If not, he can do what he likes as we live in a world of free speech

May not agree with what he says but he has just as much right as you and me to say what he feels

Why not? Is he still contracted with Durham? If not, he can do what he likes as we live in a world of free speech

May not agree with what he says but he has just as much right as you and me to say what he feels
Of course he has but whether it's in his own best interests to do so is another matter. If he's going to occupy himself usefully in the future it'll be in Cricket and given his reluctance to travel it would ideally be with Durham in some capacity. He's already alienated himself with both the club and its members by his attitude in the final years of his contract. He should be trying to build bridges not alienate himself further.

He was publically slagging the club off in the media whilst contracted to the club, so he hasn't changed now he isn't

He's already alienated himself with both the club and its members by his attitude in the final years of his contract. He should be trying to build bridges not alienate himself further.

He alienated himself with the players as well

He's said it after contract has been signed. Fair enough.

Not a fan Harmison especially but people are desperate to give him a kicking on here

contract or not he is still suggesting borthwick needs to move away to get a crack with england, which will be a huge motivating factor for him.

darren bent had a contract signed when capello told him to move, did that make much difference like?

He was publically slagging the club off in the media whilst contracted to the club, so he hasn't changed now he isn't

He alienated himself with the players as well

He can do what he bloody wants. Ex footballers talk about their clubs and pass judgment so why can't cricketers?

Sport would be very boring if people in the game weren't allowed to express their opinion (whether we agree with it or not)

He can do what he bloody wants. Ex footballers talk about their clubs and pass judgment so why can't cricketers?

Sport would be very boring if people in the game weren't allowed to express their opinion (whether we agree with it or not)

I just found it very unprofessional and uncalled for. I'd hold that same opinion if it was a Sunderland player slagging the club off in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back