Hard to see us stopping up next season

We shouldn’t accept anything less than promotion. Supporting the players on the pitch doesn’t mean we can’t be critical of the club off it. Unfortunately the intentions of the owners aren’t clear so it’s hard to tell who is really at fault for going backwards this year. We’d do well to recruit worse than what we’ve done this season.
I think fans just need to realise where we are. There are lots of big clubs in the championship coupled with the 3 who come down having bigger budgets than us - we just aren’t going to compete with that plus any clubs who are spending money, so mid table is a realistic position for us. It’s possible with this model we could sneak into the play offs if we get a couple of good loans but we are nowhere near being able to get promoted and being able to stay in the premier league.

As this season comes to an end I hoped Speakman and KLD would be apologetic and acknowledge mistakes have been made with the recruitment of both players and managers and talk about making positive changes and tweaking the recruitment model whilst still developing our young players. The minutes of the meeting read like they think aren’t sorry in the slightest and that they have no plans to change anything.No acknowledgement that we almost went on our worst ever run in this division.Sounds like instead of getting some experienced players bought in the summer we will have to make do with a new hummel strip and some faster internet. I have a feeling the way we are ending this season will continue into next season. Could be a long season next season.

We getting promoted or something? … it’s not even crossing my mind they will leave us that short next season

Anyone who thinks that missing Clarke, Roberts, Rusyn, Cirkin, Huggins, Ballard and O'Nien for varying numbers of games in that period hasn't impacted our form needs their heads shaking.
You’ve just confirmed my exact point. As I said previously if we sell our best players. Ie. Clarke, Ballard, Neil. What we see over 12 games is what we will get next season. Huggins will prob not have a contract either.

Last edited:
You’ve just confirmed my exact point. As I said previously if we sell our best players. Ie. Clarke, Ballard, Neil. What we see over 12 games is what we will get next season. Huggins will prob not have a contract either.
I have confirmed nothing except for your ungrounded fears. IF we sell all those players (we won't) and IF we don't bring in any quality replacements (we will) THEN the form of our past 12 games will carry forward over a full season (it won't).

If we had 100 % squad available and sold no one we have the basis of the decent squad . IMO the following are decent . Patto, Hume, Ballard, Huggins, Onion, Cirkin. Ekwah ,Clarke, Neil, Roberts, Rigg .
The rest are not good enough and unfortunately are most of Speakmans last dozen signings. See a trend here?

I have confirmed nothing except for your ungrounded fears. IF we sell all those players (we won't) and IF we don't bring in any quality replacements (we will) THEN the form of our past 12 games will carry forward over a full season (it won't).
Because of course being the second worse team in the entire league for nearly a third of the season with all those players in our squad is just because of bad luck. Seriously as I said if we don’t make changes and carry on as we are then what do you think is gonna turn around that form? Or are you saying as I said we need to make changes?!

If we had 100 % squad available and sold no one we have the basis of the decent squad . IMO the following are decent . Patto, Hume, Ballard, Huggins, Onion, Cirkin. Ekwah ,Clarke, Neil, Roberts, Rigg .
The rest are not good enough and unfortunately are most of Speakmans last dozen signings. See a trend here?
I'd include Alese in that list but a lot of the rest should be out on loan, just foreign youngsters not ready yet, possibly never will be.

Because of course being the second worse team in the entire league for nearly a third of the season with all those players in our squad is just because of bad luck. Seriously as I said if we don’t make changes and carry on as we are then what do you think is gonna turn around that form? Or are you saying as I said we need to make changes?!
Firstly, when we are able to field our best eleven we are not the second worst team in the entire league. We haven't been able to put Clarke and Roberts out together since Hull. At that time we were in 6th with 36pts. Since then, with injuries and suspensions, we have got 11pts from 12 games and have been 19th overall in that span - not even in the relegation zone for that "third of a season".

Secondly, the team should always be looking to make changes and will do so in the off-season. Saying they need to make changes at the end of the year is hardly an insight. Your problem is that you assume that all the changes are going to be for the worse with no evidence to back you up.

I think it's very easy to see us stopping up next season. Some absolute bed wetters at the minute
It's also very easy to see us going down.
As this season comes to an end I hoped Speakman and KLD would be apologetic and acknowledge mistakes have been made with the recruitment of both players and managers and talk about making positive changes and tweaking the recruitment model whilst still developing our young players. The minutes of the meeting read like they think aren’t sorry in the slightest and that they have no plans to change anything.No acknowledgement that we almost went on our worst ever run in this division.Sounds like instead of getting some experienced players bought in the summer we will have to make do with a new hummel strip and some faster internet. I have a feeling the way we are ending this season will continue into next season. Could be a long season next season.
People are still hoping we sign an experienced dm and a proven forward along with one or two others with experience. I don't know how many windows it will take for the penny to drop that we're not in the market for those kinds of signings.

Last edited:
Firstly, when we are able to field our best eleven we are not the second worst team in the entire league. We haven't been able to put Clarke and Roberts out together since Hull. At that time we were in 6th with 36pts. Since then, with injuries and suspensions, we have got 11pts from 12 games and have been 19th overall in that span - not even in the relegation zone for that "third of a season".

Secondly, the team should always be looking to make changes and will do so in the off-season. Saying they need to make changes at the end of the year is hardly an insight. Your problem is that you assume that all the changes are going to be for the worse with no evidence to back you up.
We will have to see what happens. I base my thoughts on the last three transfer windows and the fact that the players we signed offer us no strength in depth at all. Hence the issues you have just stated. Indeed the players in the last window look worse than I’ve seen since the days of McFadzean. If im overly pessimistic I’d say you’re overly optimistic.

Get a good head coach in.

Patterson, Cirkin, Ballard, O'Nien, Hume, Neil, Roberts are all good Championship players. Alese too. Add 3 more with the Clarke money.

Jobe, Ekwah, Auochiche, Rusyn, Rigg, Mundle, Ba I believe will all look better with time and in a better team. At the minute some of those are being relied on to be the main men with injuries, suspensions etc.

Have Mayenda in u23s for development, loan out Hemir to a L2 team that will play him.

We don't need an overhaul, we need to spend the Clarke money on players who are good enough to start now, they can be 21 year old for all I care.

We'll stop up OK. The questions is will the club sign the players we need to help us move on. We'll have money in the bank from selling Clarke ☹️ .
That's the big, big test. We'll get 18m+ for Clarke. What will they do with it?...a fair old wedge of that needs to put back into the team. And it shouldn't be spent buying a handful of 19 year olds for 2m each. We need a few quality signings to go straight into the 11. At least some of them need to be 23+ in age I think.

Get a good head coach in.

Patterson, Cirkin, Ballard, O'Nien, Hume, Neil, Roberts are all good Championship players. Alese too. Add 3 more with the Clarke money.

Jobe, Ekwah, Auochiche, Rusyn, Rigg, Mundle, Ba I believe will all look better with time and in a better team. At the minute some of those are being relied on to be the main men with injuries, suspensions etc.

Have Mayenda in u23s for development, loan out Hemir to a L2 team that will play him.

We don't need an overhaul, we need to spend the Clarke money on players who are good enough to start now, they can be 21 year old for all I care.
If Speakmans on the interview panel how is that possible?

Back