Hard to see us stopping up next season

I won't be worrying about whether or not we'll be staying up in 15 months. I have hobbies and more important things to worry about.
Mag
Aye we’ve gone from a top 6 team to a bunch of kids that lost 6 in row, play shite football and won 1 point from 21, which is indeed relegation form and a meeting where the people running the club said the strategy wasn’t changing, but obviously people are bedwetting.
Look at this from KLDs family and advisors POV.
There’s no way they were gonna hand over millions and allow him to do whatever he wanted with it. Hence the 5yr plan and the model.
He will have agreed targets with them for where SAFC need to be financially and positionally in 5yrs. If he starts to change the parameters half way through it indicates to his family and advisors that he was bluffing and nivver knew what he was talking about in the first place. If in two years time it turns out he’s right or as near as damn it right then I expect him to be able to present a new 5yr plan with a few tweaks to the model.
I don’t expect the model to change until then. After all it’s improved us from it’s starting position in a number of ways and we’ve yet to sell anyone for known fees brought in under its metrics alone. RS was a known LJ target prior to both arriving at SAFC and Lihadji deal was a bit muddy.
I’ll be shocked, shocked I tell you if there’s any change to player recruitment theories over the next two years. Where we’ll be in two years I’ve no idea but I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Last edited:
Portsmouth, Derby and Bolton (who are third) all score goals, without Clarke and any strikers worthy of the title we simply don't. Obviously that assumes Clarke leaves, if he does I now have no confidence we will recruit what's needed. Our last 3 incoming players - Mundle, looks ready for the bench not the first 11, Hjelde and Styles both look ready for league 2. With the exception of Jobe the two windows prior are just as bad.

I'm not saying we are certainties for relegation but at the moment our hope appears to be that we might somehow be better than the 3 coming up from League One. That's a million miles away from Speakman's declaration of the club's expectation of challenging the top places this season and not just scraping into the play offs.

KLD obviously sets a budget but it's not as though all of these players have come for free, just Rusyn and Hjelde combined must be around £4.5 - £5M. We've gone from signings like Pritchard, Clarke, Cirkin, Roberts and Ballard to players that look a million miles off being ready for the Championship. Is this because Speakman exhausted a limited supply of targets or a policy shift.

They need to find a new way quickly or next season could be a serious struggle.
This. A relegation fight seems more likely than a promotion push unless some significant changes are made to the whole ethos of the clubs transfer policies.

Back