Gus - Radio Ncle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing I can actually say other than the players must be hurting and we need to beat Arsenal to redress this, I think they have a European game as well midweek which is a help.

The problem is that the 4 players who have come in that he is most strongly linked with are Bridcutt, Scocco, Buckley, and Coates, and at least 3 of those don't look like great choices, to put it mildly.

A lot rides on how they respond v Arsenal...

[QUOTE="bozwellboyce, post: 18874229, member: 15078"]Yes, but he did Give JOS a contract extention, so he must be ok[/QUOTE]

Please tell me this is a wind up!!!

"I'm a head coach, I don't make the squad...I've got four defenders, I play what I got...I'm not going to take responsibility that isn't mine"

So the OP pretty much got it right. Grim shit.
He shouldn't be saying stuff like that, he's meant to be motivating a team not washing his hands of a heavy defeat.

There is something f***ing lazy about our club. No manager has ever been able to get rid of it,its this underlying 'do enough' attitude where players routinely don't give their all, which for most of the time produces mundane results, and an occasional hammering like today. There has not been one team in the PL in recent years that could be hard to beat for so long, then ship 8 against a no more than decent team. Its absolutely disgraceful. Its as though the players didn't really give a shit about the team following the international break.

No self respecting group of players would ship 8 in this league.

"I'm a head coach, I don't make the squad...I've got four defenders, I play what I got...I'm not going to take responsibility that isn't mine"

So the OP pretty much got it right. Grim shit.

Really? That's bad, that is.....

So. One person thinks he heard inflammatory comments made by the Manager in a post-match interview. No one else heard it, nor has it been reported/commented upon anywhere in the media. No quotes, no controversy, no Twitter madness, nothing.

I claim bullshit
I've seen one interview he did on the bbc and he didn't say anything like that - he sounded totally bemused and said he knew a lot more about 'certain' players

"I pick the team, I put them on the pitch, it is my responsibility. Until then...I take it...the rest, I'm sorry I'm not going take any more [responsibility]"

That won't do him a lot of good with Uncle Ellis.

There is something f***ing lazy about our club. No manager has ever been able to get rid of it,its this underlying 'do enough' attitude where players routinely don't give their all, which for most of the time produces mundane results, and an occasional hammering like today. There has not been one team in the PL in recent years that could be hard to beat for so long, then ship 8 against a no more than decent team. Its absolutely disgraceful. Its as though the players didn't really give a shit about the team following the international break.

No self respecting group of players would ship 8 in this league.
Spot on - not often I come out of a game thinking they've given 100'percent. The galling thing is they bugger off to their mansions and forget about it after the game - probably laid with a bottle of plonk blaming everyone but themselves for the debacle that was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back