Gordon Harris died today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw Bomber during the latter stages of his career with us and he wasn't too good. Slow and seemed 105 years old. Got a lot of stick from my memory. I am sure he was better when younger. RIP Bomber.

Think he came to us late 70s. Had been a decent player in his day. Seemed past his best when he came to Sunderland. Decent penna taker though. Anyway RIP.

he was late 60's not 70's wasn't he - if it was late 70's wasn't before my time but I'm obviously older and more senile than I thought because I don't have a memory of seeing him for the lads

'The Colonel' as he was known......not a bad player for us to be fair. Scored 15 goals more than Cattermole has for us. Capped once for England in 1966 when he came on as a sub for Bobby Charlton. Past his best but they all were when we got them....Joe Baker and Frank Worthington were two more in that mould.

I saw Bomber during the latter stages of his career with us and he wasn't too good. Slow and seemed 105 years old. Got a lot of stick from my memory. I am sure he was better when younger. RIP Bomber.

Correct.....

But thanks for the time you spent in the famous Red and White Gordon. RIP

He played for South Shields FC in Northern Premier League at end of his career

Reactions: EMG
RIP " Granda".
As with a few down the years he was way past his best when he played for us, moving along at a crawl.
He was though ,I've read elsewhere, a flying winger in his youth!

Sad news. Yes he was a bit slow and past his best when he came to us - as said just like Joe Baker was. He was here 68 to 72 and he even played centre half once.

He was a good penalty taker.

RIP Gordon

RIP "Grandad" Harris, as others have already said he was in the twilight of his career when we signed him in the late 60's. He was part of the team that won at Old Trafford 2-1 in 68 that stopped them winning the league on the last day.

Reactions: EMG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back